Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to share

Last October, I weighed in at 199 lbs and was diagnosed as prediabetic.  That became a total wakeup call for me.  I am an avid walker and I love racking steps up with my FitBit.  But during that time I became complacent and lazy.  

But that scare motivated me to make a difference.  To change my habits and everything.  I began by dropping nearly all soda.  I then cut down significantly on my drinking.  I have wine and an occasional scotch or bourbon with ginger ale as a treat.  I have stopped eating junk, cut out rice, processed bread, pasta and most of the unhealthy carbs.  I cut the sugar out of my morning oatmeal, and cut down significantly on coffee and flavored creamers.  I drink tons of water and have also controlled my portion sizes.

I do weekly meal preps for lunch, eat more whole foods and grains.  My wife and I went out and had a sandwich and we ended up splitting it and being full.  I have also started to incorporate more fish and chicken into my diet while taking out a lot of red meat.

Today, I weighed in at a slim 169 and some change.  So nearly 30 lbs of weight loss and I didn't do it on a diet, but a lifestyle change.  I told my story last week on my 40th birthday on my FB page and I have received quite a few comments on how this will inspire them to be better, be fit, and be healthy.  That meant a whole lot because it was my friends and family that I touched with my story.  I hope this helps inspire others to make the right changes in their lives as well

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Congrats! You did awesome!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I think the most successful loss comes from changing your habits for the better.  When you think of it as a diet there's the thought that it ends at some point.  We all know what happens when we stop - regain.  Congrats on finding your new path.  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer