Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Food Macros

Since Under Armor has taken over My Fitness Pal I am looking for another app to log my food and I thought now might be the perfect time to use Fitbit to log food and activity. I am looking around the food logging section for the first time and it looks like you can only set a calorie goal, is that correct? I'd like to be able to set specific macro goals by gram like Protien, Fat, Carbs, Fiber, Net Carbs, Sugar, etc....

Am I missing something or can you not set these goals tracking food with Fitbit?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I don't think you can?  I would love that functionality, though. 

Best Answer

I agree, this is feature is the one thing that will keep me from moving away from MFP. I tried the Fitbit food logging and I like it as well or better than MFP but if I can't set my macros (by day preferably so that I can note carb load days, eg) I won't bother with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Macro tracking is what truly helps with lean muscle gain which in turn helps with burning more fat.  This one addition would open up FitBit to more bodybuilders such as myself.  

I don't understand why it is not a function that is automatically displayed on your smartphone along with the food tracking. 

Best Answer
You can't see macros on the app, but you can see your macro intake by meal and daily. I don't think you can set your macro goals though 😞 I use an android app called macros to log log my food each day and then at the end of the day just log quick calories into my fitbit app to see where I stand with calories in/out.
Best Answer

Agree with this thread.  I want to be able to at least see how my macros are tracking daily on my App.  I know I can see it on the dashboard from my laptop.  Setting goals for daily macro intake would be great!  

Fitbit folks: is this on the product wish list for anytime soon?

Thanks,

Best Answer
I agree!this would be the biggest help, and I can't get the my fitness pal app to sync and it's a pain! I just want my Fitbit app to do it . Kurt

Best Answer

You are not wrong and it's super frustrating. It also really annoys literally thousands and thousands of us that you can't see you macros in the APP. I'm seriously thinking of giving up fitbit and using myfitnesspal. You can track everything in there and it will sync w/ FB, but the hassle of having to use two different apps really bugs me and thousands of thousands of others on here. I'm a Keto eater for health reasons and it's insane that 4 years down the line FB still can't get it's act together. Personally, I don't really think anyone from FB even looks at these threads. 

Best Answer
0 Votes