Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Body Fat % Aria Scale with a big difference from OMRON scale

Hi! I bought 2 weeks ago a Fitbit aria scale. Since then my body fat % decreased from 34% to 32% (roughly). Then, today I had a meeting in the gym and they use the Omron Body Composition Monitor And Scale. Surprise then! almost 40% of body fat. I had another body fat measure 2 months ago, and the body fat % barely dropped (0.2%). Omron scale also says (as Fitbit) that I dropped weight (2kg).

I am in shock! Why this almost 8% of difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

You just have to accept these devices only provide estimates. For optimal results, you should use the same device under the same conditions. They may not be accurate in absolute terms, but at least they should be consistent and should show you the right trend over time. For instance your Aria first thing in the morning. Also note two weeks is a very short period of time, especially for a woman (impact of hormonal cycle). The value of your Aria will come after you’ve been using it for long enough. I’d also suggest you link your Fitbit account to Trendweight, which displays weight and body fat% data in a more legible way IMO. As an example, here is my full BF history over four years:

2017-03-29_2234.png

You can switch between periods and metrics via the tabs at the top (when on the TrendWeight site).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer