Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Fitbit friends

ANSWERED
Looking to get some Fitbit friends, so that we can help each other out and keep up the motivation of losing weight would be great to have some motivational help
Thanks
Dani
Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80
Im also trying to lose 30.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Im also trying to lose 30. I would be happy to join you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It would be great to have you in our group
Best Answer
0 Votes
Im ready to join

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all.  57 year old male wanting to get fit again.  I got my first fitbit this past Christmas - a flex.  I used it and the website pretty consistently until about June, then went totally off the reservation.  I had lost 27 lbs up to then, but gained about 13 lbs.  I started back about 4 weeks ago and two weeks ago purchased the charge HR.  I also purchased a juicer and started juicing about two weeks ago.  I've had some off days, but my average steps per day over the last 28 days has been a bit above 12k.  I'm also trying to track all my calories and have been averaging around 1500/day.  I'm also starting to incorporate some weight training and HIIT.  In the last 4 weeks as of today, I've lost about 7 lbs.  I am at just under 215 now with a final goal of around 180-185.

I travel a lot for work, but have been working from home for the last two months.  I'm to start back on the road mid September, so exercise time will probably be harder to find, not to mention eating out more.  I hope to find a hotel with a kitchenett in it.  I intend to freeze my juice and take it with me.

I would like to find friends to help stay motivated and encouraged; exchange weight loss ideas.  If you're interested, please hit me up!

Tom

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Best Answer
I love doing the challenges. If anyone is interested in adding me as a friend to compete with, please do so. The challenges keep me motivated and keep me going.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm a newbie starting today. Female, 38 years old, want to lose about 30 pounds, and would like to participate in challenges. Please add me as a friend!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure how to add friends, but figured out how to send requests. Please accept if you want another friend for challenges and motivation!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I dont know how to do that
Best Answer
0 Votes
I dont know how..
Best Answer
0 Votes
dont know how to add people
Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont know how to add people either on pc or my phone...

Spoiler

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! I think i sent you a friend request, which I'm goping you get by email and just accept. I'm trying to figure it out too.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, I think you go to your dashboard, then to friends, and then click accept for my friend request. Crossing my fingers that works.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

ok I would love to join!  uhhhh just not sure how to navigate?  Help...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my fitbit last night. I have no idea what I am doing on the site, need practice. I had a very bad 2 years lost my mom from cancer, then I over came cancer so I wanted to treat myself with this device to push me to lose weight. I never had a weight proplem it was always trying to gain. So think about it I am lost. Any advice please!!! I would love to join groups to push me to get out and walk. I even bought a bike. I walk my dogs daily but obviously that is not cutting it. When my mom died I think I was in bed for 6 months. I had to mourn. I know she would want me to look and feel good. Please try to include me in groups, I really need to loose. I am 4'11 so at the weight I am now its not good health wise. I am excited to join this group of people with the same intentions. I hope to hear back soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
sorry about ur loss. I got my fit bit charge last feb and love it! I don't know how to add people or how to chat within this forum yet. There is also a dog app called walk for a dog, once the app is on ur phone, select a non profit group to walk for and the site donates money to the place u choose, pretty neat. You also can choose which dog ur walking if u have more than one.There are daily, weekly and weekend walk challenges on the fit bit app for phone, so you can see how u are doing. Hope this helps, stay in contact w me.
Doglover2015
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Doglover2015

To add friends from the forum, click the username next to the post, on the users page next to the name click view fitbit profile.. on the profile page it's possible to click 'add friend' to send a invitation to become friends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Darian...

I would love to join in on the challenges. I just received my FitBit on yesterday and have logged over 11,000 steps on yesterday and today. How do I get started with the daily showdowns? I hope it still takes place...I noticed that the posting was from March....Thanks, Meryl

Best Answer

Add me please

Best Answer
0 Votes