Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for people to exchange about losing weight?

Hi!

I have that goal to lose something like 30 kg (66 lbs) and since my first diet day, I lost 3.9 kg (8,5 lbs). I really want to stay motivated and I think it would be easier if I could exchange with people in the same boat! 

I don't plan to compete with anyone because I'm a really sore loser 😂 but just friends to congratulate when they lost and support when it's bad. 

Anyone up for it?

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hi!

Very good surprise this morning, I lost 1,3 lbs (600 gr) since yesterday (since I have the Aria, I'm getting back at doing it daily). Total loss: 13,66. 

I realized that if I'm not careful one day and eat a little more, it will show not the morning after but after two complete days. So I'm a little worried about tomorrow (yesterday was such a mess 😅) but very happy with the general accomplishment! 

And you guys, how it's going?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenHarness wrote:

I realized that if I'm not careful one day and eat a little more, it will show not the morning after but after two complete days.

@JenHarness: you’re right, there’s often a delay after you’ve done something different (whether it is eating or exercising more than usual), before it starts showing on the scale. Since you happen to have the Aria scale, I’d like to mention a really neat free service (it case you’re not already aware of it) called TrendWeight. You can link your Fitbit account to it, and once you’ve done so, it starts pulling your weight and body fat data from it.

TrendWeight lets you look at your weight data from a number of ways. For day-to-day management, I like the three-month curve, which looks like this:

2017-08-27_1803.png

If you’d only see the individual daily values, you’d think your weight is behaving in a random/crazy way, but the red curve shows you the overall trend (hence the name).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I'm on Weight Trend but I didn't understood how it worked. What's the difference between actual and trend? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Actual" is the reading you got when stepping on the scale, "trend" is the value calculated by TrendWeight. Technically speaking, it’s an "exponentially smoothed moving average", which in practice means it tries to reduce the impact of the daily fluctuations so you can better see which way your weight is really moving. See this older discussion for more information. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

Thanks, I will check the link. But I have to admit that it's kinda make me unhappy to see that "trend" is 1,3 kg more than "actual". I'm not sure I will use it because of that (seeing the number down on the scale is the only thing keeping me motivated to stay under 1500 cal per day!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenHarness wrote:

Thanks, I will check the link. But I have to admit that it's kinda make me unhappy to see that "trend" is 1,3 kg more than "actual". I'm not sure I will use it because of that (seeing the number down on the scale is the only thing keeping me motivated to stay under 1500 cal per day!)

Yes, if you are losing weight, the TrendWeight curve will usually be "lagging" behind your actual individual weigh-ins. Same (in reverse) if you’re gaining weight, btw. This is by design, since it doesn’t only look at the most recent weigh-ins, but also at older ones. Don’t worry, the curve will eventually catch up to your current weight, for instance if/when you switch to maintenance at some point (whether it’s planned or considered as an undesired "plateau"). TrendWeight is not about making you "happy" or "unhappy": it’s about providing you with more information about where your weight is going, once we eliminate the daily fluctuations (which are perfectly normal, especially for women).

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Well, I did a lot of diets and if I learned something about me, it's that to stay motivated, I need to be satisfied or happy, as I put it. For the first time, I'm doing stuff like workouts and walking way much more than before. Seeing that the trend is more than actual, doesn't do anything good for me. I don't dismiss TrendWeight at all, I found that it's a very good idea, but maybe I need more time than few weeks to see a curve with much more data.

You can think that it's stupid and maybe it is, but for now, I just don't think I will look to much into it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trendweight will get better if it has more data to work with. So just keep weighing yourself and maybe check it in a few weeks again. I don't see a point in checking Trendweight daily, just every now and then to see if the trend is still where you want it to be.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

I think this is a great idea to check in, and any tips would be great. I've been up and down with my weight loss. Was doing great for a few months, got sick, went way off my diet and felt like crap. So I decided to get healthy, feel better and loose 25-30 pounds and of course exercise is part of it. I feel better when I eat fresh veggies, fruit, protein shakes and exercise. I've also decided to make this more about health than anything. I have this all or nothing attitude and it's not good. So I'm going to try to be a little more relaxed about my health journey (that may sound weird but when I blow it I tend to perseverate too much and it stops me from going forward). One day at a time. I'll let everyone know how the week goes, and look forward to seeing others posts. Thanks for starting this!

Quote for the week:

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and never give up! (sorry don't know the author)

Best Answer
0 Votes