Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose weight, reverse heart disease and diabetes type 2 - you are in control.

Hi,

I have had a charge 2 for 3 years. I use Cronometer to log every piece of food I eat. There is no better way to manage your health.

Lose weight, reverse heart disease and diabetes type 2 - you are in control. This sounds too good to be true but I have done it and am off my meds.

I had a heart valve repaired, and a double bypass in 2015.

I started a Whole Food Plant Based diet (no oil, salt or sugar) in 2018.

I lost 15 kg (33lbs) I didn't even know I needed to, and I sure wasn't trying to lose weight, just trying to get healthy and reverse my heart disease.

If you're interested go to dresselstyn site and read about it. Better still, listen to the many interviews he has on plant based podcasts.

This is not a scam and I am not affiliated with any of the products or people mentioned above.

I just want to tell the world that you do not have to live with these illnesses and weight issues.

Good luck

Andrew

Moderator Edit: Removed advertisement link

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AussieWFPB. Welcome! It's good that the community is growing.

Thanks for sharing those suggestions with the Community. We want our Fitbit Community to be a place where users can come to share their feedback and stories in a positive and conducive manner, so please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising. You can find more about this in the Community Guidelines.

Additionally, let me recommend consulting with a health professional for guidance in this kind of diets and health decisions. That way you can work and reach your goals in a healthy way.

Hope to see you around more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,Thanks for the reply.Sorry if this is contrary to the rules.Just to clarify there is no cost required to eat this way, in fact I have saved a lot of money by not buying processed food. Also Cronometer can be used free of charge. I know I can also log food in Fitbit but I like the way cronometer breaks it down into daily requirements verse intake and the monitoring of all the macro and micro nutrients.I have been eating this way under the guidance and support of my GP and Cardiologist. Perhaps I should have mentioned that? In my case I have regular blood tests and everything is good and my doctors are extremely happy with my progress.The link I provided is to the cardiac surgeon who did all the research back in the 1980s and the information about what to eat and what not to eat is available on his website free of charge.I was only trying to help and motivate people and had no intention of anybody making a profit out of the information in my post.Andrew
Best Answer

Andrew - That’s great you changed your eating habits to increase all aspects of your health. I may be a nit picker but you had a heart valve repaired (probably replaced) and a bypass so your heart problems were rectified by surgery. You’re certainly doing all the right things to offset any future need for bypass surgery and I applaud that.

Exercise is also a wonderful way to build collateral circulation so people with compromised heart circulation can have better circulation and better heart function.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Mary,I don't believe making assumptions about someone else's health and operations is necessarily a good thing for you to be doing. Do you really think i would have MAJOR open heart surgery and not actually know what was done?Allow me to explain. 1. The valve was definitely repaired. It has been strengthened with a ceramic annular ring, and some chordae tendineae were replaced with kevlar. The valve leaflets suffered Barlow's symptom. That means that they had split to become 5 leaflets instead of 3. These were reshaped and sown to reform the standard three scallop shaped leaflets. 2. I had 3 blockages but only 2 were bypassed. So the operation certainly a long way to improve my heart and cardiac system but saying it is rectified is not correct. I still have (at least) one blockage to be concerned about, and if I continue to eat meat, dairy, saturated fats and oil I will continue to damage my cardiac system, most likely ending up having more operations to fix the damage in the future. There are cases of people having over 40 stents because they continue to damage their arteries. I don't want that for me.I have adopted this way of eating because it has been shown to specifically reverse these blockages and other cardiac diseases. Also by continuing to eat this way in the future will avoid further damage.I strongly encourage you to find out the benefits of a WFPB No oil, salt and sugar diet and the link I provided in the post is a great place to start.CheersAndrewSent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes