Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing mojo

ANSWERED

I did really well in 2017 - felt really good about losing, tracking, doing all the right stuff and then mid January, I have really been struggling to have any motivation.   Here are some of the things that changed:

1. I'm no longer at high weight - I don't feel the pressure I felt last year.

2. I've lost a weight loss support person - no one else is clicking

3. Exercise isn't giving me the boost it used to.  I am doing the minimum most days (10,000 steps).

4. I have a personal issue that is requiring me to leave my comfort zone and find a lawyer.

Any tips to get back on track?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs Mag}}}}}}}}}}}}

Ask these questions and answer them

Why are yo doing this?

Find a new buddy to help you But do you really need a buddy? I found it better to go on my own didn't have to sit and wait

Find a new exercise then

You can get over the personal. finding time for you is more important

How can I help? I'm there for you if you need me

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs Mag}}}}}}}}}}}}

Ask these questions and answer them

Why are yo doing this?

Find a new buddy to help you But do you really need a buddy? I found it better to go on my own didn't have to sit and wait

Find a new exercise then

You can get over the personal. finding time for you is more important

How can I help? I'm there for you if you need me

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Spending an entire year in a caloric deficit to drop a large amount of weight has been hugely taxing for your body, from a strictly physiological standpoint. Even if you think you’d still have more to lose to be at your optimal weight, maybe now is the time to give your body a break and switch to maintenance goals for a while, for both eating and exercising. This would let you recover from the accumulated stress and would also put you in a better position to deal with your emotional/personal issues.

I wouldn’t view 10k steps as the "minimum": it’s far more activity than most of the general population is doing. You should consider your ability to get them as an achievement and hard-earned benefit of all the work you’ve put in.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Of course this is a lot easier said than done, but...

Instead of being motivated, be dedicated. For me, motivation, or being motivated (outside sources, etc.) is very emotional, and can sometimes not be optimal for getting into your mojo. However, being dedicated, or having dedication in what your doing will actually get the job done.

Not preaching here, but from my experience since I started all this back in December 2016, I find just getting my butt in gear is what's going to keep me moving. For me, dedication is the key, more so than motivation.

Again, a lot easier to say than to actually do. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Weight loss is a diminishing return. Same effort produces fewer results.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

You've taken the weight off and did the work, now its time to find an activity that you enjoy that still allows you to put in the work.

So instead of pushing through the same old grind, find a sport or a competition to join up to see if that ignites your fire again.  It may provide some avenues to exercise that wasn't there before.

Best Answer

hey @MagsOnTheBeach.. so as a highly emotional person, when my emotions are all over the place, I am all over the place. It manifests itself differently, but I think its rooted in the same outcome. The whole mind over matter.. for me my mind is always over the matter.. but if I feel sad, mad, anxious, afraid- my emotions take over the matter. Maybe this is what's happening to you. Its not mental or physical, its emotional. maybe your support person did more for you emotionally than they did to get you to run an extra mile. maybe the situation you are in is scary and sad and it is consuming up all this space and has no where to go..

It has to go. If the burden on your chest lightens, you are going to want to find your mojo again because there will be space for your mojo to sit.

If you can't get it out, there is always revenge fitness.. the I am going to look so good, you are going to wish.. finish that thought anyhow you like :). Hugs to you - I hope you find an outlet..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thank you all for such thoughtful support. ❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes

After about 4 weeks of not really dieting, and my scale moving in the wrong direction, I was able to buckle down and get serious again.  What a weird and unexpected situation - I was really down when I posted, I tried that whole month to refocus and just couldn't  then on Monday it was easy. I'm almost back to my low weight (5lbs lost this week), and feeling more normal.  I also have more sunlight and have picked the walking up during the day.  Thanks again for your support.

Best Answer

Glad to hear you’re back on track, @MagsOnTheBeach! I don’t know where you live, but as someone living quite high in the Northern hemisphere, I do get the darkness aspect. Now even if it’s still winter, there’s plenty of snow and sunlight, and the window for spending time outdoors is much wider. Weight fluctuates up and down, even more so for women, so don’t be overly focused on the number on the scale. Look at weekly averages and trends instead of daily numbers, but you probably know that already.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer