Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lupus and Fibromylgia

ANSWERED

I have both Lupus and Fibromylgia and searching for friends that can relate, and keep me motivated - as I have depression too.  Add me to be your friend so we can do challenges and keep each other motivated.  Would love to be friends to so we can help each other through the crappy Lupus and Fibro.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I too have both Lupus and Fibromylgia. I also have rheumatiod arthritis which has been giving me the most problems lately. Feel free to add me as a friend, I need all the support I can get.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

HI Suz,

I have fibro, and I am using the fitbit to help me lose weight and encourage me to move more - but I understand how hard that can be some days when the pain is bad. I'll add you as a friend but feel free to chat to me any time. Anyone living with chronic pain please feel free to add me too!

Gem

Best Answer
Is it LUPOS?

Sorry, i cant help but think of George Constanza

okay.

Suz, im sorry to hear about the medical conditions you are experiencing. My family has a history of depression and i know how other medical conditions can compound the affects of depression

It looks like you have a good understanding of your inflictions and doing your best to better your health.

if be more than happy to be a friend and offer up encouragement 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have fibro and it is very hard to be active when you feel crappy. But I keep trying and I have some good days and some bad, so when I have the good I try to exercise. Not easy but I keep moving forward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I don't actually have either conditions, but I do live with chronic pain due to a spine injury several years ago. It can be really hard, especially as it limits what activities I can do. I can't do any impact activities, and I find if I even walk too much, it leaves me in severe pain and all the fatigue that comes with it. I gained about 100lbs after my injury, due to me being unable to move much, and the meds that I was on.

Despite this, I've started getting as active as I can be, and am eating right and have now lost 41lbs since September! I'm now working on losing the other 89 that I have left. Having chronic pain is frustrating, depressing, and all the other things that I'm sure you all already know about! It also has given me motivation to do my best to get healthy so I can better deal with it. Knowing that I can control what I eat, and my weight has also helped me put more control into my life, as sometimes it can feel like the pain controls me. Feeling like I have more control over my body helps a lot.

It's great to see other people living with chronic pain trying to be active and healthy as well. I'm always here for a chat, or add me as a friend. I'd be up for some challenges as well! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have fibro and don't have my fitbit just yet but I will soon. I would love to lose 20 lbs and am looking to stay motivated! I will friend you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I haven't been fully diagnosed with Fibro, but the pains I am feeling are way out there. I take pain medication from my primary doc. I have gained weight and reduced the amount of walking I use to do. Mostly out of fear and getting use to the Ultracet, which sometimes can make me dizzy.

I have to concentrate on every step, but at least I know I can make those steps. Am planning on buying the "Walking" game for my WiiU and then I'll be able to exercise indoors with less risk of falling. It's snowing here now, so it's kinda slippery.

Need too move more and get in at least 5k steps a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time.  It look me a while to get used to Lyrica at first also.  I hope after some time you have less dizziness.  You may also like a workout DVD I do - Weight Watcher's Belly, Butt & Thighs.  Most of it uses an exercise ball.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I too have both Lupus and Fibromylgia. I also have rheumatiod arthritis which has been giving me the most problems lately. Feel free to add me as a friend, I need all the support I can get.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I have lupus (dx in 2009 at the age of 21 after Sjogren dx at age 19) and my main symptoms are fatigue and pain (primarily joint pain) I have also had problems wiht being depressed- especially right after my diagnosis.  I will say seeing a therapist for a little while really helped. I also take SamE every morning ( in the vitamin aisle) and I have found it sort of even outs my mood and brings my low days up a bit.

For me talking helped me- I needed the people in my life to understand what I was going through so I could feel "normal" again.

Don't get down! Whenever I feel particularly crappy my mom alwasy tells me two things

1. we aren't dealt a hand we can't handle

2. no one can be perfect so I had to have lupus

It's silly but they help!

Good Luck! Stay Strong! Feel free to reach out (i haven't been in the lupus game a super long time and I have been lucky to lead a normal life but I ahvea  great dr who has really helped me find great ways to help out my most troubling problems!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

HIyya I have Sjogrens syndrome and know only too well about the tiredness but the fitbit is helping me.  How are you getting on?? Ali

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I also have lupus and fibromyalgia and I have so much trouble losing weight it's so frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

hello Luplesuz

i have both also, we can beat this just never give up.

what is the name you use for fitbit? mines is tesha g

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain! Has anyone created a group for lupies?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not that I know of.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I too have Lupus and Fibro. Would like to start a group of your interested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I too have Lupus and Fibro. Would like to start a group of your interested.

Best Answer
Ok thks yes I'm interested

BLESSED👐👐👐NEVER GIVE UP
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good morning friend, do you have FB?

"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring."

~David Robert Jones~
aka David Bowie..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Peaches,

I saw your post. I have Fibro and a couple other chronic illnesses. I would love to be in your group if possible. I am so ready to have people who understand to work with.

Mercy

Best Answer
0 Votes