Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motivation with mental imagery; lose 5 X as much & keep it off

ANSWERED

The U. of Plymouth coached people for 4 hours but no diet was suggested.  The key aim was to help people to find their own image of what change might look & feel like to them & how it might be achieved & kept up even when challenges arise.    They emphasized how emotional & tight to our physical sensations imagery is.  They fully imagined and embraced their own goals, for example, "What would losing weight enable you to do that you can't do now?  They were encouraged to use all their senses; what would  that look, sound, smell like?  Think about swinging along in a parking lot when you see others lumbering along at a shuffle???  The participants lost 5 times as much and continued to lose after the study was finished.  You could Google the U. and imagery for more detail

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, Gloria. I see you're an experienced Pace Setter. I hope you don't mind, I have a question. I'm not allowed to vote on content. Is it because I'm too new? Thanks G I know this isn't the proper format to ask questions, but I appreciate it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for this tip! I've heard of doing this, positive imagery. I never thought much of it or tried it before. I have been practicing this and it has kept me from falling back into bad eating habits. More than once. Happy holidays and here's to a brighter new year,

Best Answer

@Drumbob Good for you!!  Happy New Year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Gloria. I see you're an experienced Pace Setter. I hope you don't mind, I have a question. I'm not allowed to vote on content. Is it because I'm too new? Thanks G I know this isn't the proper format to ask questions, but I appreciate it.

Best Answer

Drumbob,  You know as much as I.  I voted for you and clicked all over the place to see what would happen.   I swear I definitely DIDN'T click on giving myself "Best answer" .  But I hope you really meant Glenda not Glloria.  Best wishes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh my, sorry Glenda, must have had a senior moment. I'm new at this. I
never was involved with the community before. I think we need to take some
of this info with a grain of salt... or two. I should have said I couldn't
vote for a letter. I was blocked from all the subjects. Now my resting
heart rate has been going up one number everyday for the last 3 or 4 days.
Now I'm up to 55 bpm which is fine with me being that I'm 66 and just
getting back into healthy eating and moving.
Take care, have a great day, Bob
Best Answer
0 Votes