Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dashboard shows I have burned 1134 calories so far today and myfitnesspa

ANSWERED

My fitbit dashboard shows I have burned 1134 calories today. Myfitnesspal, where I log my food shows 422 calories. Why are the two different?

Michelle

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Because food logging sites like MFP and Lose It! are estimating the number of calories you have burned, or will burn, in a day.  Fitbit numbers reflect actual activity, not estimates.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

The fitbit numbers you're getting on MyFitnessPal are your leftover calories that you've exerted over the course of the day.

To make it simpler...we burn calories just by breathing and doing our daily routine. The tracker on fitbit's dashboard takes all this into account and then MyFitnessPal does the math for you to see what the extra was leftover that you didn't burn just from living for the day 😛

Hope this helps!
And don't forget, if it does, remember to mark your question as solved!
-A

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Because food logging sites like MFP and Lose It! are estimating the number of calories you have burned, or will burn, in a day.  Fitbit numbers reflect actual activity, not estimates.

Best Answer

The fitbit numbers you're getting on MyFitnessPal are your leftover calories that you've exerted over the course of the day.

To make it simpler...we burn calories just by breathing and doing our daily routine. The tracker on fitbit's dashboard takes all this into account and then MyFitnessPal does the math for you to see what the extra was leftover that you didn't burn just from living for the day 😛

Hope this helps!
And don't forget, if it does, remember to mark your question as solved!
-A
Best Answer

I was wondering the exact same thing. My MyFitnessPalapp says I have burned 897 calories and taken in 1,775 calories. My fitbit app, however, says I have burned 3,550.

So to make sure I am understanding, I should trust my fitbit app, right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rsb3a 

Yeah, I'd go by the Fitbit app since it includes your regular metabolic rate, not just extra from activity. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes