Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My problem solved for body fat% to high Aria Scale

I use my Aria scale now for 2 months together with my old scale.

My old scale says I have 28% body fat and the Aria says 33%. That meens that I am obese wich I am not.

I am 49 years old, weigh 65 kg and 1.72 mtr.

I read several topics and even the calibration didn't work.

What worked for me is that I always weigh myself with my underwear on including my brace bra.

When I weigh myself naked, the body fat dropped to 26% that is much closer to my old scale.

So I think it was the iron in my bra that was the problem.

I hope this will help other women that have the same problem with their body fat% on the Aria Scale.

(sorry for my English, I'm Dutch Woman Happy )

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@JaneDoe wrote:

I use my Aria scale now for 2 months together with my old scale.

My old scale says I have 28% body fat and the Aria says 33%. That meens that I am obese wich I am not.

I am 49 years old, weigh 65 kg and 1.72 mtr.

I read several topics and even the calibration didn't work.

What worked for me is that I always weigh myself with my underwear on including my brace bra.

When I weigh myself naked, the body fat dropped to 26% that is much closer to my old scale.

So I think it wash the iron in my bra that was the problem.

I hope this will help other women that have the same problem with their body fat% on the Aria Scale.

(sorry for my English, I'm Dutch Woman Happy )

The electrical impedence never makes it that high, up one leg down to the other - electricity is always path of least resistance.

But it's still a good idea. Actually, for the potential upwards of 5% accuracy on the scale, likely both of them - they actually did overlap, so both were in range already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Jane 

Your English is fine. Glad you figured out about the metal and shared. Lots of fresh veggies, lean protein and exercise and we will be healthier together.

Best in health,

Barbara

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scales are messed up as far as body fat is concerned. They can't make their minds up on what your body fat is. Mine jumps from 21% to 24% in one day. Clean my feet and it goes back down a little. Then I used a caliper sensor from the gym and it's much less than that. I obtained a new sensor called Skulpt and it says I should be 13.8%.

Best Answer

You realy bought one? Is it worth the price. $200

skulpt

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been a while since I used it, but it is a useful tool when it tells you are heading in the right direction. The muscular tone readout increases as you are building muscle.

Best Answer
0 Votes