Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My time to show off

I really feel like showing off my progress after all the hard work that I have put in. This is very unlike me, specially starting a new topic about it. It just shows how proud I really am. Feel free to show off for yourself as well.

These are the screenshots of my trendweight with the progress of the last 4 weeks. I am trying to maintain weight around 59 kg while losing fat and building muscle.

weight.PNGfat%.PNGfat mass.PNGlean mass.PNG

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Look Awesome! Congrats!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Good going @Esya , your actions are talking!! Also you involvement in the community is much appreciated also.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@Esya: Looks awesome! Congrats and keep it up!

Best Answer

@WendyB@almost_where@Bhuvana

Thank you all for the kind words Smiley Very Happy.

Best Answer

I also need to give a shout out to @Dominique, as you motivate me a lot and I learned a lot from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kudos for the successful body recomposition! I wish I were able to drop body fat and increase lean mass at the same time, but it never happens to me Smiley Sad.

I did drop almost 3 kg of fat (according to my Aria, that is) since the beginning of the year and it feels great to be under 10 kg:

2017-04-06_1948.png

However, I also lost 2.5 kg of lean mass (again, according to the Aria):

2017-04-06_1958.png

Of course, 3 kg of fat out of 12.5 kg is a lot more than 2.5 kg of lean mass out of 54.5 kg, so body composition is improving, but I’m still shrinking Smiley Sad

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique

I did not expect for it to work this well either. Might be because it is the first time I am putting my body through this, so there is a lot of room for improvement. Like weight loss it is easier to lose fast when you have a lot to lose and it gets harder closer to the goal. I am curious to see how far it is going to continue with my current lifestyle

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks great, @Esya! Incredible job! 

Best Answer

@Esya wrote:

I am trying to maintain weight around 59 kg while losing fat and building muscle. 

Continue like this and you’ll soon look like your fellow countrywoman Dafne Schippers Smiley Happy:

Schippers_DaphneQ1a-Beijing15-thumb-500x750-13510.jpg

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Congrats!!!!  That is really awesome! 

Best Answer

@Dominique

That is not likely to happen, but I will dream big!

@TurquoiseTurtle

Thank you Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Esya- congrats, you must feel great!

@Dominique- that fat loss and muscle gain is easier when you're new to lifting, or have been away from it for a while.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker@Dominique

My schedule that I aim for looks like this:

Every day: getting atleast 10K steps in

Monday: 2x 12 min (3.7 km) bike commute; 20 min yoga at home

Tuesday: 2x 12 min (3.7 km) bike commute; 20 min yoga at home (depending on how my muscles feel, otherwise I skip the yoga)

Wednesday: 2x 12 min (3.7 km) bike commute; 1 hour yoga class at studio

Thursday: rest day

Friday: 2x 12 min (3.7 km) bike commute; 20 min yoga at home

Saturday: rest day

Sunday: 1 hour yoga class at studio

Best Answer

Well done @Esya- well done! And pff, its not showing off- its showing what's possible. Next I want actual pictures!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Great work @Esya! Nice to see a good amount of yoga in your routine.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@emili

I don't think I am comfortable sharing pics like that.

@WavyDavey

Yoga changed my life. I started doing it due to back pains, but it also helped me so much with my anxiety. I cannot imagine a life without yoga anymore and when I have to skip for some reason I really feel sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks great, congrats. Keep up the great work. 

Irma

Best Answer

That's wonderful @Esya! You deserve to show off. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@Esya - this is great progress!  And your workout routine seems very reasonable and reachable for most people (thanks for sharing that!).  

I've been focused on weight loss since the beginning of the year and I'm very happy with my results, but as I near my weight goal I'm trying to transition to building back some of the muscle I have lost.  Of course it is very hard (maybe impossible) to lose weight without losing some muscle, but if you lose fat at a greater rate your fat percentage drops, and that has been my experience so far.  

Soon, probably when I get around 165 lbs or so, I will try to reclaim some of the muscle I've lost, but for most people that means eating at a calorie surplus and gaining some of the weight back to give the muscle needed nutrition to grow, and then going through another cycle of deficit to lose some of the regained fat.  That process is a little scary.  I am so impressed that you are transiting your body composition without changing your weight!  Here are my TrendWeight charts from the past 3 months.

Very happy with weight lossVery happy with weight lossScreenshot 2017-05-06 13.18.54.pngScreenshot 2017-05-06 13.19.40.pngScreenshot 2017-05-06 13.20.05.png 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer