Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal vs Fitbit

Starting to really try and track my food to lose weight. I have used Myfitnesspal for a long time but my husband said that my Fitbit app did the same thing but also tracks all my daily activity. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

The respective apps can be linked, so your calories out from Fitbit can be used by MFP and your calories in from MFP can be used by Fitbit. It’s therefore up to you which one you use to track your intake. If you’re already familiar with MFP, maybe the easiest is to continue to use it: just link it to Fitbit so Fitbit knows about your intake.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually use the fit bit app more, but the bonus to MFP is that you can create and save your own recipes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I create a link?

Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ki6avf wrote:

How do I create a link?

Check these instructions.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Worked fine!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Use both. MFP has a bigger database and using both gives you added options to keep better track of everything. My Dr. recommended MFP be used with my Fitbit and that was good enough for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes