Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need weight loss help!

Hi alll.. 

I've been on almost every diet or weight loss plan you can think of.. and I'm 23. I've been battling with my weight since I can remember. Sometimes I find success, but most of the time i'll lose 5lbs, gain it back, lose it, gain it, etc. Before I know it, months will go by and I'll still be at a standstill. I have a problem staying consistent with my diet and exercise. I'll go walking for a week and then stop, same patterns with eating well. 

I really want to find a way to stay motivated and SEE results. I struggle with anxiety/depression and food is my number one coping mechanism. 

Any advice? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Kate,

Many people who fail at diet and exercise because they need to get control of their emotional eating.  I have suffered from this issue too.  The doctors I have spoken to about this say first you have to be on the right medicine and cognitive therapy before diet and exercise will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am older than you and also tried almost every diet that I could think of. My problem is that I never wanted to cut out the "bad foods" and the diet sodas. Once I completely removed them, My body went throug something like a Detox Phase for about two weeks. It's going to be difficult to give up the Junk Food at your age. Especially when you are getting bombarded by commericals with all kinds of foods. 

Best Answer
0 Votes