Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to FITBIT Trying to lose 35 lbs

ANSWERED

Hi, I am new to fitbit. I have a Charge HR. I am trying to lose 35+ lbs. slowly. Had a bumpy start with 3 HRs, but customer service has been great. I now need motivation and a clear logical plan. Over many years (45) I have "lived to eat" I now need to "eat to live". I would love to be around 200 lbs. by this time next year. Based on my cheap a** scale I am about 230. I started at 240 a couple of months ago.

Any and all suggestions, support, motivation, etc., etc., etc. would be welcomed. I have all the crap that goes with being over weight. As with many people I have tried all my life to lose weight but it finds me where ever I go. Not this time. I broke that 240 barrier, waist line is dropping and I am moving on. 

Who wants to take this journey with me? 

Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like you are doing great so far. Great attitude and it will get you to where you want to be!

Keep us posted as to how you are doing!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

I think the fact that you're already thinking about losing the weight slowly is a good sign.  Welcome, and good luck!

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Slow & steady wins the race, and easier to maintain the new habits rather than changing everything at once. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Sounds like you are doing great so far. Great attitude and it will get you to where you want to be!

Keep us posted as to how you are doing!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I think the fact that you're already thinking about losing the weight slowly is a good sign.  Welcome, and good luck!

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Slow & steady wins the race, and easier to maintain the new habits rather than changing everything at once. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

We can team up.  I have a lot more to drop than you, and am chipping away at it one lb at a time.

What really helps me are weekly step contests I participate in with other Fitbiters. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also new to fitbit and trying to get rid of about 40 pounds. It looks like you have a good handle on things and are on your way. Let us know how you are doing. Glad to have found your post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes