Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newby

My name is Jim and I'm new to the Fitbit community.  

I've been on a weight loss journey for two and a half years, and now maintenance is my goal. I loss a total of 80 pounds over the past two years, but it's been an up and down battle. Currently I'm within three pounds of my goal weight.  

I find it helpful ( and accountable ) when I participate in posting my mistakes and successes in a positive way, and I look forward to reading everyone's postings on this topic. I appreciate new perspectives and ideas about what works best for them. It helps me stay focused on why I'm doing this. 

Mondays are the most honest day for me to post, because I usually slack off, or indulge on weekends.  If I know I'm posting my weight status on Monday I tend to be a little more conservative in my calorie intake. With that said, Christmas is Sunday, so I'm not going to be over optimistic about posting this coming Monday. 

HW= 235 lbs.

GW=155 lbs.

CW=157.4 lbs. 

Grateful for each day...
Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome @JMHO You have done very well Congrats! You should be proud.

You know I think everyone will be indulging Sunday. I know I am. So you should still post on Monday about the day before. I will be happy to join you! Smiley Very Happy

Look forward to your posts!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Wendy, I appreciate the comments.

Merry Christmas
Jim
Grateful for each day...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm taking my mother to a semi-local restaurant where they're having a set price dinner.  I'm not actually sure what the choices are but it's likely going to be a higher calorie day.  No big deal really, it's a single day.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome, Jim. I think you've done well.

Don't worry about this weekend. Most of us won't be counting calories. I'm planning on a ham dinner on Christmas, myself, and there will be candy in my stocking. December 26th I'll get back on the wagon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @JMHO.  Congratulations on a job well done!  Don't stress over this weekend. It's going to be a challenge for everyone but we can get back on track as soon as it's over. You've done a great job so stay positive and focus on how far you have come. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

Best Answer