Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night Shifters

Are there any night shifters out there. I am a Nurse and trying to get on this loosing weight train. I wanted to know if night shift people count their meals and calories on the actual day they consume them or do you blend it all in with the day you started. For example I will eat lunch at work at 0100 in the am .... would it be better to leave this as a am snack at 0100 or would you put it as your dinner for the day before. It is difficult when you wake up at 300 in the afternoon and have to be at work at 600 in the evening breakfast is the only meal for the day. Just wondering everyone's thoughts. Thank you in advance for your time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello there! I am also a fellow night shifter, I work a 5pm - 5am shift at the sheriff office. I've also been trying to figure out how to make this schedule work and have the best results, especially when it comes to tracking calories and exercise. Currently, my tracking schedule works something a little like this: I eat my 'breakfast' at around 13:00-13:30, I have lunch around 18:00-19:00, then I have my last big meal 'dinner' around 10pm or 11pm (depending on the business of the night). I might have a little snack around midnight, then again around 0200. I usually won't have anything else for the night. Once I come home at 5am if I work out then decide to eat breakfast I usually count it as the next day. I don't know what would work best for you, but this is how I've been blending the days together so far. I've always wondered the best way as well. I count all meals I consume on the one day that I am 'awake', basically. My days start when I wake up and end when I sleep, if that makes sense? Lol 

Hopefully I helped, or at least provided a bit of insight. I know the struggle of the night shift life! 

Best Answer
0 Votes