Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over/under graph and daily caloric intake confusion

I am brand new to fitbit, just finished setting it up. Please bear with me, as I love it already. My question:

I feel foolish, but this is confusing.

It automatically set my daily caloric intake goal at 2,064, which is fine. I selected the higher intensity plan for weight loss, which is -1000 day deficit. The over/under graph is telling me that I am "over" as I have eaten 666 calories today....

If the deficit should be 1000 cals, then technically I should eat 1,064 cals per day (I know this is too little, will likely change selection!). How can I be "over" in the over/under graph if I have eaten 666 cals today? In the calorie tile it says "congratulations, you've reached your daily goal of 664 calories." No, that is not my daily goal... I know this is somehow related to intensity... but not logical... what am I not understanding?

Thank you!!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi!  

What time are you logging in your food?   I know that when I log in breakfast, I am over because I have not burned the calories....It goes back to "normal" through the course of the day if you stick to the calorie burn.  I hope this helps....

Best Answer
I believe the discrepancy has to do with the calorie estimation feature. Your fitbit account is trying to guess how many calories you will burn in the day to tell you how much you should eat. Since it doesn't have an average of calories burned for you yet it can't accurately predict your calorie burn yet. It will get better at predicting the more you use it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Caloric intake does not include 1500 caolries used just by beinng alive,breathing ,wealking or even just sitting.

You need to persevere and find your balance.

Everyone is individual,higher body fat,lower muscle content and different intake of water.

Eating less calories does not automatically mean you will lose weight if that is your goal.

Set minor goals on a daily basis and weigh yourself at the same time daily.

Look for subtle changes to your shape and then work a little on some other part of your body.

Nothing happens o'night and continous improvement will come your way in time.

Do not try and over do anything and take one day at a time.

Personally l eat up to 2800 cal per day over a period of 14hrs in 7 meals, avg 3250ml water daily.

No sugar and very little fats but at least 90gms protien.

l have come from 106kgs to 85.1 today over a period of 6mths.

Enjoy and feel free to contact me if you are still having trouble keeping to a program.

l have read and read and read and at 53

@Barby wrote:

I am brand new to fitbit, just finished setting it up. Please bear with me, as I love it already. My question:

I feel foolish, but this is confusing.

It automatically set my daily caloric intake goal at 2,064, which is fine. I selected the higher intensity plan for weight loss, which is -1000 day deficit. The over/under graph is telling me that I am "over" as I have eaten 666 calories today....

If the deficit should be 1000 cals, then technically I should eat 1,064 cals per day (I know this is too little, will likely change selection!). How can I be "over" in the over/under graph if I have eaten 666 cals today? In the calorie tile it says "congratulations, you've reached your daily goal of 664 calories." No, that is not my daily goal... I know this is somehow related to intensity... but not logical... what am I not understanding?

Thank you!!

have developed my own system that suits my life style,body shape and caloric intake vs caloric expression.

Cheers and good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes