Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plateau

ANSWERED

I have hit a plateau with my weight loss program.  I have sat on 104kgs for weeks.  I work out in the gym three mornings a week, swim two mornings a week and walk at least 10k steps every day.  My caloric intake is way lower than my output, I fast every day from 8.00 pm till 10.00 am the next day.  I drink more than 8 glasses of water a day.  My alcohol intake is on average three glasses of Shiraz on Friday nights.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've found that plateaus are just a frustrating hiccup in the journey LOL. Shaking up your workout routine, just relaxing and waiting it out, or modifying your dietary habits can help. 

Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I've found that plateaus are just a frustrating hiccup in the journey LOL. Shaking up your workout routine, just relaxing and waiting it out, or modifying your dietary habits can help. 

Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work!

Best Answer
Thank you for taking the time to reply and including some encouragement. Stay well…MickJim
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for taking the time to reply and including some encouragement.  Stay well,  Jim

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Plateaued a second time only this time it has been ten days. Prior to that I lost 15 pounds  in 3 months. I walk 10,000 to 22,000 steps (15,000 average) every day. Keep my diet at about 1,500 calories a day and am stuck at 163 pounds. Goal is 155 pounds. I'm 75 years old now and the last time I was 155 pounds was when I was about 40. I just entered the Gasparilla Classic 5k and now am training to "RUN"!   The plateau makes me want to quit. But, I know if I do I will be back up to 187 pounds within a couple months. That's what happened last year! What keeps me going is looking in the mirror and seeing all that belly fat. So, maybe if you take off your shirt and look in the mirror you too will not quit! Works for me! Another way of looking at it is to stack canned goods (or bags of sugar) that equal the amount you have lost so far. Pat yourself on the back and get moving! One more thing. Remember the first weight loss is the easiest because you are working harder with those extra pounds. Once you lose the easier pounds it does get harder so, you have to work harder or diet harder to loss it. Hope this helps. I will likely join and start working out at a gym this week to see if I can get back on my program. 

Best Answer
0 Votes