Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popular Aria Scale names?

Just for fun, I’m curious what the popular names for the Aria scales are that people have used. I have had my Original Aria a few years. I called it Aria51. Seemed an obvious name to me and I expect it has been used by others. What creative names have been used?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I have a Renpho scale and I have various colorful names for it, depending on if decides it's going to work on a given day, registers a 3 digit weight, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! Looked at your weight trend. Good work! I lost about 46 lbs a few years ago using fitbit app. Gradually gained ~ half of it back. So I just purchased bicycles so my spouse and I can try a different activity this summer.  We will get back on track. I was referring to the Aria scale part of the fitbit app.  When you add the device, the app wants you to name the scale.  You only see it when reviewing the settings for the scale.  I thought Aria was too much like "Area-51" as a name so that's what I called it. Perhaps I do read too much science fiction!  Best wishes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @snicol - thanks for the kind words!  I concur with the bicycle purchase; although my opinion is that weight loss and maintenance is 90% what you eat versus exercise.  I've been cycling pretty steadily for 9 years and experienced a huge weight gain in the middle.  It was only when I revisited my eating did I reverse it.

I get it about the Aria name -- I just wanted to temporarily hijack the thread to rant about the Renpho scale.  Reminds me of a horse we had when I was growing up.  Basically, that beast wasn't getting ridden unless he was in the mood to get ridden.  Come to think of it, we didn't pay much for the horse, either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like Aria 51.  Mine is uncreatively called Aria 2.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.  I am sure you are correct about the impact of what you eat vs. the amount you exercise, although the two can be synergistic.  A few years ago I lost ~46 lbs which was good progress for me and I stopped/plateaued at that point partly due to limitations on my exercise and work pressures (IMO). I am starting back on weight loss since I gained back about half of the 46 gradually.  Now semi-retired and bringing more focus to weight loss, without going crazy.  My success in the past was 1. Walking, 2. protein intake emphasis producing lower carbohydrate intake. The walking was the lubricant which allowed the diet to work.  I used the Fitbit app scrupulously to record food intake for a couple of months so that I could identify the calorie bombs I was eating (Like beloved raisin bran muffins). Lifestyle changes included sharing the muffins with people at work instead of eating them all myself! I'm anticipating success, but perhaps at a slower pace this time.  We'll see. Anyway thanks for your inspiration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply, Baltoscott.  You are certainly adding in exercise, from what I can see.  As in my reply to Dave, I believe there is synergy between exercise and diet.  There are lots of inaccuracies in how we estimate calorie intake and expenditure, so it can appear that calorie deficits are greater than they may be.  Global measures like weight change are therefore better metrics overall.  I assume you are young enough that you can tolerate adding exercises as you have been doing.  In earlier years, that was always my solution, not diet.  As I age, my joints are clearly limiting my peak activity.  I like that you are changing exercises in your regimen and I am also putting back calisthenics in my regimen, including push-ups (which I fortunately never stopped completely) and crunches/sit-ups (although the latter requires more will power than I have every morning, yet).  I believe it helps to avoid a plateau when you change activities intermittently, which is why I have picked up cycling this summer. It is becoming a modest addiction. Back to Aria-51, my other hobby is "SETI at home."  Yes, I must be reading too much science fiction!  Best wishes.

Best Answer
0 Votes