Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENPHO Connectivity Problems

I recently go a RENPHO scale, as it seemed like the best choice for me and it said it worked with fitbit. However, I am having problems with the RENPHO app sending data to the Fitbit app. I read through the other post pertaining to the RENPHO scale, and made sure that everything is connected properly, and everything has permission to write to the fitbit app, however once the measurement is made on the RENPHO app, it doesn't seem to send it to Fitbit. It worked once 2 days ago, when it sent 3 measurements in one day to Fitbit, but hasn't sent anything before or since despite multiple measurements. Any ideas?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

This other topic suggests the RENPHO app is buggy / unreliable. As @Phatmanslim said, it may be a case of what you pay is what you get.

I think you should contact the company that makes the scale and the app.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I've had this, I wasn't sure if it could have been a system problem over the weekend, but then I also wondered if it could be the authentication of Renpho to update fitbit.

I've just had similar so I did the settings in the app to not connect to fitbit, then turned it back on, I didn't need to reauthenticate but then the data appeared in fitbit.  Not got around to emailing renpho yet and their website seems underconstruction.

try reconnecting the app to fitbit and see..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you see the voodoo-like procedure suggested by @Daves_Not_Here?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique and @bbirds52 -- here are some tweaks to the aforementioned highly scientific Renpho divining process:

• Location Services need not be disabled for other apps, only for the Renpho app
  • Close all apps, restart the phone, and run the Renpho app by itself
  • Confirm the phone has a WiFi connection so that data can sync to the Renpho servers
  • Confirm the app is active and visible when weighing - don't weigh with the screen turned off
  • Wipe the lamb blood off your feet or it throws off your body fat percentage readings
Best Answer

I just got my Renpho scale two days ago and have not had an issue.  I just open renpho app first then fitbit app (running on iPhone 7 +) and step on the scale.  Also wait until the scale actuallyy turn off and the weight is displayed in renpho app then check fitbit app.  SO far it has worked flawlessly.

Best Answer

@RockieRabble - show-off!

If that thing works flawlessly, then you must have overlooked something.  Check to make sure it doesn't indicate you weigh 780 metric tonnes.  Or that it's logging your body-fat percentage into the food database.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Renpho connected just fine with my Samsung Galaxy S8, but when I upgraded to the S10 a month ago it won't connect.  Keeps saying there is a Bluetooth issue but also errors out when I try to download the log.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had connectivity issues when I used the Samsung browser on my phone.  Switched to Google browser and connected without problems.

Best Answer

Thanks, I did hear back from Renpho that the Samsung Galaxy S10 is not backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4 that my old scale uses. Going to try to link it to my Samsung Salaxy S3 Tablet instead, and they also offered me a 30% off coupon to buy their new scale that is Bluetooth 5 which was nice since it's not their fault really.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the Renpho scale for a few years and it synced until October, no changes were made to my iPhone other than an OS update. I have gone through everything to make sure it’s connected however it appears Fitbit no longer supports the app, it’s not available. 

Best Answer
0 Votes