Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry leaf tea, An appetite suppressant?

Hey guys, It is my second time using this tea. I am trying to cut down coffe for the 2nd time in my life. I drink 1 cup daily-  but still would like to eliminate it from my diet. So I would replace it with Rhasberry Leaf Tea- I have tried many teas and only love this one without any added sugar or milk. Ok to the point: The first time I tried it with 2-3 cups a day I noticed that I was not craving anything- no sugar or salt and had less of an  appetite; But I did not pay too much attention to it. Around 2pm today I had 2 tea bags in a cup and I have not been hungry yet or had any cravings. I have a box of chocolate sitting in my room from V-day , havent had one all day. This mornng I had 1/4 cup of steel cut oats with papaya, at 2:30 I ate some left over flanigan appetiser (800 cals 😞 ) then thats it. Just came from a work out am not too hungry. I am not craving anything - will juice some apple and spinash tonight - I thought it was strange I am someone who likes to munch evert 4h and get sweet or salt cravings. Anyone had similar experience with this tea? 

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I have never heard of it. But I would be watchful to ensure you are still getting nutrition you need to fuel your body- especially after working out. best E

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thanks but definitely.   I am about to make a spinah/ apple smoothie for tonight and these Flanigan appetiser I had for lunch earlier had plenty of calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea can act as an appetite suppressant in some people.

I only ever used raspberry leaf tea when I was pregnant (it tones the uterus and is great for strengthening it for labour!). I don't think it will hurt you at all. It is still important to try to eat the proper amount of calories for your BMR though. Eating too little can also make you gain weight!

http://www.younglifenorthdekalb.com/fitness/bmr_meal_calculator.php

Best Answer

Thanks I read the Blog I will keep it in mind. Now I am really sure it acts as an appetite suppresant for me. 

I will experiment more and make sure my daily calories stay at 1400 minimum. 

I'll keep you updated. 

🙂 

Best Answer

Just curious: what’s wrong with coffee anyway? If you don’t add calories (sugar, cream) to it, it shouldn’t harm your weight loss efforts. If you don’t drink too much of it (one cup sounds reasonable, especially if it’s the kind of diluted coffee you tend to drink in North America) and not too late in the day, it shouldn’t affect your sleep either. OTOH, caffeine is a potent stimulant that can be helpful providing extra energy for working out.

But if you found a natural appetite suppressant that works for you (any tea is essentially flavoured water with hardly any calories) and can replace coffee (since you want to get rid of the coffee-drinking habit), then fine.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Well- I love sugar in my coffe. Could never drink it without sugar. Oh and the starbucks from work.Smiley Tongue

I wish I could just drink black coffe - but I cant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lucet wrote:

Well- I love sugar in my coffe. Could never drink it without sugar.

I think sugar added to drinks is mostly an acquired taste (just like salt added to food). You can get rid of that habit. Maybe not by eliminating it totally overnight, but by slowly decreasing the dose over time, until you notice you no longer need it (I also had the habit of putting sugar in my coffee, and of drinking sugary drinks, but I’m managed to get rid of both, and I don’t have any particular cravings). Just don’t assume that because you have developed a habit, that habit is going to follow you until the end of times. People do manage to quit smoking or drinking, even though addictions to tobbaco and alcohol are much stronger (and thus harder to get rid of) than addiction to sugar. That said, nothing wrong  with tea: if you are able to replace sugared coffee with unsugared rasperry leaf tea, that’s perfectly fine!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks-  you are right about that. I have tried a couple of times. I usually add 5 tea-spoon. I'll try to taper it down. As of the tea its really exellent, but I should really tried to taper my sugar down.

Best Answer

Have you tried honey? I think Starbucks keeps packets behind the counter now. I usually use about a 1/2 packet. The idea is to use enough so it adds flavor and when it becomes sweet, that's too much. 

Jack K
Best Answer