Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recumbent bike & "steps"

Hi fellow fitbit users! I am wondering if anyone rides a recumbent bike & how they got their fitbit to count steps. When I ride, no steps are counted. I wear my fitbit on my waistband, but maybe I need to put it on my shoe or some other place?

Another question I have is when I workout to cardio dvds or whatever, the steps are counted but then do I also log the activity in the dashboard? I feel that would be duplicate efforts and maybe the estimated calories burned amount would then be skewed a bit. What do u think? Thx so much!
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi

I have tried putting the fitbit on my shoe when riding a bike, but it only counts every other step 😞   You can manually log exercise bike as an activity and it will estimate your calories burned.  If you are doing cardio dvd's etc, don't  log manually.  It will overestimate the calories burned.  Good Luck!

Best Answer

I just asked the exact same question about duplicating calories. I do Zumba and I wear my fitbit during. I want to make sure I am not duplicating as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm curious, why do you want steps for a non-step based activity? It seems like it would inaccurate to me both in steps and calorie burn simply because bicycling isn't walking or running. Why not just log the bicycling as an activity for x amount of time in the dashboard?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't actually.  I did this before I was aware you could manually add other activities.

Best Answer
0 Votes