Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renpho weight not syncing correctly to Fitbit app

ANSWERED

So I've been using the Renpho smart scale from Amazon, and I love it. The issue I'm having is with the Fitbit app. I have my scale synced to the app, but when I weigh my weight always syncs up to Fitbit less than what the scale actually said. It's literally always by only an ounce, but that's really weird to me, and I don't understand why it's happening. Has anyone else experienced this?  Any way to correct it other than going in and fixing it manually?  Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'll bet it's because your stats are actually stored as metric, with the option as to how it's displayed.

Scale probably sent it as lbs, converted to kg for logging, converted back to lbs for display.

Somewhere significant digits isn't maintained, or just rounding issue.

1 oz is 0.02835 kg.

But a 0.1 of a pound is not an ounce anyway - but 1.6 oz so 0.04536 kg, awfully close to to rounding.

Let's see - 173.4 lbs x 0.453 (could be 0.4536) = 78.5 kg (or 78.65) / 0.453 (or 0.4536) = 173.3 (or 173.4)

So either truncating instead of rounding, or just need another significant digit.

That's nothing really compared to issue years ago.

For a bit, new accounts with weight entered as lbs wasn't converted to kg, just logged as the kg weight. Displayed correctly though, so bug on 2 parts.

Those with new accounts wondered why their daily burn seemed almost 2 x what online calc's estimated.

But the math showed exactly what happened, despite what was displayed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I think weight getting transferred being off by a tenth of a pound has been as issue for years, even with Fitbit scales.  I've just learned to accept it, not considering a tenth of a pound really significant, especially if it is always the same direction, though it does seem it should be fixed.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I'll bet it's because your stats are actually stored as metric, with the option as to how it's displayed.

Scale probably sent it as lbs, converted to kg for logging, converted back to lbs for display.

Somewhere significant digits isn't maintained, or just rounding issue.

1 oz is 0.02835 kg.

But a 0.1 of a pound is not an ounce anyway - but 1.6 oz so 0.04536 kg, awfully close to to rounding.

Let's see - 173.4 lbs x 0.453 (could be 0.4536) = 78.5 kg (or 78.65) / 0.453 (or 0.4536) = 173.3 (or 173.4)

So either truncating instead of rounding, or just need another significant digit.

That's nothing really compared to issue years ago.

For a bit, new accounts with weight entered as lbs wasn't converted to kg, just logged as the kg weight. Displayed correctly though, so bug on 2 parts.

Those with new accounts wondered why their daily burn seemed almost 2 x what online calc's estimated.

But the math showed exactly what happened, despite what was displayed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. That does make sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes