Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running streak

I recently started running again after a 3 year break. I had been reading about running streaks and decided to try it. I am near day 90 and feeling a little sluggish and dealing with pitiful is pain. Anyone else on a running streak?
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Tamm,

I used to go in running streaks but it was hard on my knees and I burned out more easily.  I implemented a couple things.  I started a speed walk and jogging.  I alternate them.  I am consistent and have done this over a year.  I get that natural "high" like running when I jog and run.  Personally for me it works.  You may want to mix it up and add some strength training, cardio, etc.  I am confident you will find something and it shouldn't be that painful.  If it hurts that bad, it isn't good on your body.  Good luck!

Barbara 🙂

Barbara Rooney
Best Answer
0 Votes
Barbara, what Fitbit do you use for your runs? I have the Charge HR, so no GPS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My longest streak was nearly 400 days or so.  There were a few times that I felt slugish during them.  Honestly I just had to break through them.  The minimum amount that I needed to run was 2 miles for me to continue my streak, so there were days when I just did that. 

Do you log your workouts?  For me it was awesome to see the long streak of them.  I also would jot down a note about how I was feeling awful that day and I didn't want to get out but I did anyways.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am at day 90 something. Yes, I am logging my runs. Shortest run has been a mile and a half and that was today. Feeling tired and sluggish, but logging is something that keeps me motivated. I read somewhere that Jerry Seinfeld said what made him successful was having a wall calendar that he put a big red 'X' on everyday that he wrote jokes. He wanted to see how long he could keep the chain on the calendar going, so he wrote everyday. I like to think of my log like that and keep the chain going.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes