Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale problems and replacements

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this question in or not.  I didn't see one that was a better match for my question.

It is kind of a 2 part question. 

I lost 48 pounds using my Fitbit Blaze and have kept it off.  I'm presently strength training and have put on about 10 pounds of muscle and I look and feel great.  I'm 50 years old and in better shape than my 20 year old son.  Ha ha

I have a Withings WS-50 scale that has really helped me monitor my weight progress and yesterday it seems to have quit working.  This is the first part of my question.  The scale's display will light up if I step on it but it displays no numbers or data.  I tried replacing the batteries and had the same results.  I have tried pressing and even holding the 2 buttons on the bottom, separately and together and it hasn't helped.  I don't see a reset button anywhere.  Has anyone had any experience with this problem?  Is the scale really done?

Second part of the question is about replacements if necessary.  I've generally been happy with this scale but I looked at the Aria scale reviews.  There were TONS of complaints that they last only about a year.....until the warranty goes out.  There is an Aria 2 out now and nearly every review I read of it on Amazon said that they had known issues connecting to Wifi and that Fitbit was working on a solution but so far no one seemed happy with the scale.  How do you guys feel about them or do you have a better suggestion?

Thanks for reading and for any advice you may have.

Gary

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

For your Withings scale you really need to ask them.

I had the Aria for at least 4 years with no problems.

I just got the Aria 2 and it was the easiest set up i have ever done.

The Aria was hard to set up for a lot of people but not the the Aria 2

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I guess it all depends on what you want your scale to do.. I have had a regular cheap digital scale for years and love it, trust it and still use it... even though I was recently gifted an Aria 2. I love the scale, I did have wifi issues with it, but I think it is accurate and I like seeing my body fat percentage. I do not use it to it's full intent - I don't have it synch to my account to track my weight, primarily because it isn't something I need or want.. It is a really nice looking scale as well, I have to say.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria only lasted 16 months and then went in ERROR mode.....Did everything they told me to do....said the could not help me further....Very disappointed with them....Many many people have had the same issue and they are leaving us all hanging out to dry.  NO MORE SUPPORT............I will never buy another Fitbit product again......

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria also lasted a little over a year.   If they had a trade in your non working Aria  for a big discount on Aria 2 I would consider it because it really was nice while it worked.   

I just ordered a very inexpensive ( $20 ) scale and the handheld body fat monitor ($30), I have seen these 2 models used over and over by gyms, I am going to track my numbers with a dry erase marker on my bathroom mirror and then manually add them a few times a month for tracking thru the dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an EatSmart Precision Plus scale that I bought about 4 years ago on Amazon. No bells or whistles - it doesn't sync with anything, it doesn't track weight over time, and it doesn't sing or tapdance either. All it does is reliably show accurate weight...even if it's not always good news 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Aria in June 2013, on Amazon UK:

2018-02-04_1215.png

Been using it daily since, with three different wifi routers and it’s still working just fine. All this is merely anecdotal evidence that scale X may or may not work after Y years.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer