Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weigh Myself on Saturday with or without dentures

ANSWERED

Well, it's Saturday, and I have a baseline weight of 119.5 lbs.  I just was at the point in which I usually put in my "amazing" implant-stabilized dentures.  I can now eat nuts, bagels, and other "dentally challenging" foods.  Hmm?  I wonder how much my dentures weigh?  Maybe a pound, but I doubt it.  I finally decided to "bite the bullet" and put them in.  Boy, am I so desperate that I would resort to such idiotic tactics? I haven't weighed myself yet, but I have been very careful with my food intake, hydration, and I have completed 10,000 steps during each of the last few days.  I have three chores to complete before I do the weigh-in.  I certainly won't eat a thing before.  I will type my weight in after I finish my shower.

Good luck to me, and to all of you.

Eleanor

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Are you really 76?

Me too.

Can we be friends?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

119 lbs.  Lost 1/2 lb.  The rational part of me says:  "Good job, Eleanor.  You're losing weight at a nice, gradual rate."  The irrational part of me says "Poor me." "**ahem** the world.  Circumstances, and especially my own weight loss should SHOULD happen much faster.  I can't believe I put so much energy into those **ahem**ed 10,000 steps a day, and all I have to show for all that effort is a puny 1/2 pound.  Why, I might as well give up.  I'll never lost the 10 or 15 pounds so that I can get into my size 2 pants."

**ahem** the irrational ideas.  I'll be **ahem**ed if I act on them.  Let impatient little me continue putting in the monumental effort of 10,000 steps a day (wah! too hard for a 76-year-ole baby).  And it's not happening as fast as I demand.  I have an abundance of LFT, Low Frustration Tolerance.  Things SHOULD SHOULD be easier than they are. 

My goal for today is moderate eating and 10,000 steps.  And finish reading the book that I will present at Monday night's book club.

Eleanor

Best Answer

Are you really 76?

Me too.

Can we be friends?

Best Answer

LoL!! I wonder if partials count.....;-)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I'd like to be friends. Birthday is 11-13-41. I noticed lithium in
your id. I have been depressed in the past, but not now. But I do have a
very large supply (every day) of Low Frustration Tolerance. Thanks for
your invitation. I am electronically challenged--it took forever to get
Fitbit on my computer (and two other things recently). I don't know how
officially to get recorded as friends. If you would like to contact me
directly, my email is elliec1941@gmail.com. And if you know how to go on
the record as friends, I'd appreciate the instruction. Not necessary if
you'd rather not.

Eleanor
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am totally confused about the replying function.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I enjoyed your comment.

Eleanor

Best Answer

@EleanorNC: I think you should disconnect step count from weight loss expectation. Steps (and, more generally, exercising) is primarily for health and fitness. Instead of considering the high number of steps you achieved as "worthless" (because it didn’t translate in the kind of weight loss you expected), consider its impact on your health and fitness: surely you’re better off in that respect than if you had been totally sedentary. If reaching 10k steps is currently too demanding for you, progressively build up your fitness until it feels normal.

If you really want to drop weight, you should focus on your eating, and you should have a big picture plan, rather than just "eating moderately" on one particular day. OTOH, you’re probably at a good weight as it stands, so it’s not like there’s any kind of urgency (for health reasons) to drop from size 4 to size 2.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I'm loving your post.  Pick with or without and be consistent.  I look at it this way - you are at the doctor's and they say, 'step on the scale'. Would you leave them in or put them on the counter?

Best Answer
I sent you an email.

I see that "lithium" is in the addy above.

Looking forward to your reply to the email.

Cheers.
Best Answer
0 Votes