Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift work

ANSWERED
I work first shift 11pm-7:30 am. I wake up at 9pm to start day. I work till 7:30 then stay up till around 2-4 pm then go to bed. Does it matter that my food intake inputs occur over two different days. Example; I eat breakfast at 9:30 Thursday night but eat lunch around 3am Friday morning. On fit bit those inputs would be on two different days although its the same continuous day for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@yrrej wrote:
I work first shift 11pm-7:30 am. I wake up at 9pm to start day. I work till 7:30 then stay up till around 2-4 pm then go to bed. Does it matter that my food intake inputs occur over two different days. Example; I eat breakfast at 9:30 Thursday night but eat lunch around 3am Friday morning. On fit bit those inputs would be on two different days although its the same continuous day for me.

-------------------------------

Almost everyone has their sleep divided between 2 days, and if the total was 8 hrs in a row, the total for each day would also be 8 hrs in total though divided up. As long as start time was the same.

In other words, don't worry about it.

What you might do is take whatever day has the most awake hours, and make that your feeding day.

So you eat breakfast 9:30 pm Thu night. I'd log that as breakfast for Friday morning, and on from there. Because then lunch really is on Fri, as well as dinner, as well as the majority of the calorie burn and awake hours in a row.

Just as when I eat after midnight tonight, it goes on Mon food log, not Tue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@yrrej wrote:

-------------------------------

Almost everyone has their sleep divided between 2 days, and if the total was 8 hrs in a row, the total for each day would also be 8 hrs in total though divided up. As long as start time was the same.

In other words, don't worry about it.

What you might do is take whatever day has the most awake hours, and make that your feeding day.

So you eat breakfast 9:30 pm Thu night. I'd log that as breakfast for Friday morning, and on from there. Because then lunch really is on Fri, as well as dinner, as well as the majority of the calorie burn and awake hours in a row.

Just as when I eat after midnight tonight, it goes on Mon food log, not Tue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. Thanks for input. I actually just started doing what you suggested. I don't log my breakfast onto phone until after 12:00am the next day. Thanks again for your time
Best Answer
0 Votes