Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spinning Class - how to track

I did an intense spin class today for 30 minutes. When I logged this as "spinning" afterwards, the calories burned seemed too low (about 180 calories), so I logged it as "stationary bike instead" which gave calories burned as 342 calories. I then went back to the screen later and the calories burned were shown as 82 calories. Has anyone had this happen to them too? How do I resolve it? 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

My tracker ignores spinniing.  I don't get credit for it as steps...  I sometime add a manual activity, but I still have to WALK the steps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@katieflo wrote:

I did an intense spin class today for 30 minutes. When I logged this as "spinning" afterwards, the calories burned seemed too low (about 180 calories), so I logged it as "stationary bike instead" which gave calories burned as 342 calories. I then went back to the screen later and the calories burned were shown as 82 calories. Has anyone had this happen to them too? How do I resolve it? 

Thanks!

Is this the screen in the app, or via the website.

Because yes, 180 for 30 min seems minor, unless you are light and not actually much weight to lose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I use my heart rate monitor for an hour long Spin class, it is typically between 550 and 700 calories for the hour, depending on how hard I worked. 

~~ Ozzie

Best Answer
0 Votes