Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stall

Ok so at 40 years old I started calorie restriction at 252lbs and had great results down to 221 in about 4 months. Two weeks ago I started in on some HIIT on the tread ( just walking with incline for now) and several sets of chest work with moderate weights. (incline bench some chest fly's Lat pulls yada yada)  

Calorie intake has been right at or slightly above BMR and that has not changed. Macros are split up evenly for the most part 33/33/33 with slight daily variations. 

Why have a stalled? Am I not eating enough? Gaining muscle? I have a "smart" scale and my BFat and weight has been mostly unchanged in the two week period? Any advice ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not going to try to advise you, but I think it might be helpful if you gave your height and what that calorie count is that you think is slightly above BMR.  When you were heavier the calories you ate might have been few enough but now aren't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

6 ft1 BMR of 1875 roughly. Last 12 weeks I have been at or under 1900 a day on a variety of foods. Mostly leaning towards the healthier side of things. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

www.csgnetwork.com has a BMR calculator and a daily calories for 6 foot tall men  www.livestrongcom also  The calories you should eat depend on your activities but there is lots of info for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that 33 % of each nutrient or 33 grams? I need 71g of protein a day for my weight age etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't even know what you are talking about but it must be 33 grams because most of us wouldn't be able to figure 33% of anything.  LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes