Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Over Again

After seven months of illness, unexplained chronic pain, plantar fasciitis, sleep problems, X-rays, contrast dye MRIs, treadmill tests, and enough blood drawn to keep Dracula happy, I'm starting over.

With everything going on, I got out of the habit of logging my food, though I did keep up with my water and sleep logs. Still don't know why I'm in pain or why my sleep is not restful, but we're working on it.

Taking my walk later this morning, when it's a bit warmer. I have the thirty pounds I lost last year to lose again.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

So sorry to hear about your illness. 

Glad your back at it!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

good luck with everything, let us know how we can help and support you....

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can do it @MLGad! I'm happy to hear you are feeling better and you'll see that you will be at 100% recovered really soon. Don't lose your motivation. Robot Happy

Happy stepping!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, I hear your pain.

Do you mind if I share a bit of my story?

I developed an unknown illness, roughly 11 years ago, I went to doctor after doctor, one issue in finding my diagnosis is that I was born with Hydrocephalus and we kept thinking it was that.

It was not.  After 10 years I finally got diagnosed with Functional Neurological disorder with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I over came depression and anxiety some years back, but it came back to haunt me and it's adding to everything and I have put all my weight back on after slowly losing 20kg over 3 years, I am back to square one, (almost, I stopped going to the gym and stuff too cos my illness flared up), but that's ok.

We are here, we are alive and we can do this!  Starting from now we get to work ourselves up again.

I hope you find a good and correct diagnosis soon!  It's a horrible road to walk.

With Love, from the Pear Tree
Best Answer

Hi there! 

For me, it was undiagnosed Lyme Disease.  For about a year I was getting sicker and sicker.....always in pain and no one had the answer. 

Once treated, the downhill spiral stopped but some of the damage is here to stay. 

Just keep in mind that with each lost pound, you feel just that much better.  When it hurts, when I'm tired, when all I want to do is cry......I remind myself of how much worse it was 40 pounds ago and how much better it will feel 40 pounds from now.  Everytime I get up instead of giving up, I win.  : )

Best Answer

Wow....I love hearing these stories.  You can really inspire people !   I have 10-12 lb to lose.  I am having trouble keeping my sweet tooth under control.  Any suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having so much pain too. Chest pain, sleep apnea, foot, ankle, leg, back pain, head ache, heart palpitation, shortness of breath. You know what cured it? I stopped making excuses and started eating right and I started exercising. Yes, even when I had all those pain. No excuses. 

Best Answer

IBH.....yes, I have a mega sweet tooth too!

I keep it under control but not feeling deprived.  If I want chocolate, I have a chocolate protein shake or a fit crunch protein bar (the peanut butter and the brownie are my favorites). 

If its just something sweet, I have a tablespoon of peanutbutter on a split banana and sprinkle with raisins. 

There is a healthy alternative for every craving.....its all a matter of finding what works for you.

Its also ok to have a "thing" that you decide not to give up.  Iced mocha is my thing.  I used to drink 4 or 5 large ones every day......yikes!  I didn't want to give this one up.....so I have a small iced mocha 4 or 5 times a week.  It is 180 calories I build into my calorie budget.  That keeps me from feeling deprived and it actually makes them even tastier since they aren't an all day every day thing.

Best Answer

Thanks for the tips  !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you find the Fit Crunch protein bar pls?

Thank you

IBH

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get the fitcrunch at in the diet section of the Walmart pharmacy.  For a bigger selection of size and flavors you can order right from the fitcrunch website fitcrunchbars.com  there's a new caramel peanut flavor I haven't tried yet.....but am excited to try!  😀

Best Answer
0 Votes