Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stomping September 2017 (Step) Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

Stomping September 2017 (Step) Goal Challenge

How It Works:
The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for September 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 30 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day
Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

Optional
3) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.
4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

The optional items list has grown over the past months. That's why the title has steps in (). In the end it's about setting goals and improving habits. So the optional items can really be anything. Running, biking, weight lifting, food goals, etc. Some will add a goal that is not daily - ie. wanting to do so many strength training workouts in the month - so you might be aiming for a number that is less than 30 for some goals -- maybe 5, 10, or 15. Really, it's just completely open.

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Continuing my one push-up/day goal I started in June and the one pull-up/day goal I started in August. I’m 100% on both since starting. Not surprising since one a day is a really low goal, but what happens is that they get me started and I always seem to wind up doing a few more. If I don’t do more, it’s no big deal, but if I do, I give myself bonus credit on my daily goals.

Goals
10K steps/day for 30 days + bonus steps
1 Push-up/day for 30 days + bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day for 30 days + bonus reps
14 lifting days

Scott | Baltimore MD

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Continuing my one push-up/day goal I started in June and the one pull-up/day goal I started in August. I’m 100% on both since starting. Not surprising since one a day is a really low goal, but what happens is that they get me started and I always seem to wind up doing a few more. If I don’t do more, it’s no big deal, but if I do, I give myself bonus credit on my daily goals.

Goals
10K steps/day for 30 days + bonus steps
1 Push-up/day for 30 days + bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day for 30 days + bonus reps
14 lifting days

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Ready to go, for a full month this time. Basically sticking to the Fitbit app/dashboard metrics, so it will be easy to follow. The only thing I am really adding to that is my end of month weight goal. 

Goals

1. 10K steps/day 
  2. 30 active minutes/day
  3. 5 miles/day
  4. Met calories in vs out goal/day

Weight on Aug 31st is 185 pounds. Goal of 180 pounds by the end of September. 

Best Answer

This is my first time doing one of these so here goes 🙂

Goals

1. 10k steps/day for 30 days + bonus steps

2. Run/walk 3 days a week - 12 days + bonus days

3. 5 squats/day for 30 days + bonus reps

4. Lose 4 lbs - Starting weight is 164 - be down to 160 by the end of the month

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps per day

2) As of 3:30 p.m., I'm about 1,000 steps away. I should get that probably when I go to change buses on the way home.

3) 45 minutes of exercise a day

4) Yep, I got it. It's pretty easy to get on workdays.

Best Answer

Sept 1

10K steps/day 1/30 days + 7K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 1/30 days + 39 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 1/30 days + 10 bonus reps
14 lifting days 0/14

Good start considering I'm on vacation at the beach.  Have access to a bike, though, and I've been making good use of it exploring new areas.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

I'm in for Stomping September, will keep the same goals: Goals: Steps 10 k, floors 35, miles 5 per day.  We have about 8 days of trail riding coming up this month, that might be interesting. I'll try and get a good picture to post of my wife & I on our horses.

Sept 1:  Steps 14.8 k, 59 floors, 6.7 miles.

Best Answer

My first day went well! This is my first time actually exercising/trying to actually hit my step goal since I had a baby 7 months ago and I'm already halfway to my step goal today and it's only 8:45AM 🙂 

Goals

1. 10k steps/day for 30 days + bonus steps

2. Run/walk 3 days a week - 12 days + bonus days

3. 5 squats/day for 30 days + bonus reps

9/1 - 10,675 steps, 10 squats

Best Answer

September 1st

Good start. I met my goals, which required a short walk before bed. But in the past I would have definitely skipped that, so this is helping! I really like using the 30 active minutes metric. It reminds me that any kind of movement can count as exercise but that it's important to get that heart rate up at least some of the time every day. 

• 10,000 steps --> 1/1 (+228 bonus)
  • 30 active minutes --> 1/1 (+5 bonus)
  • 5 miles --> 1/1 (actual +.1 bonus)
  • Fitbit calories in vs out goal met --> 1/1 (even with Mexican food for dinner - shocking!)
Best Answer

Sept 2

10K steps/day 2/30 days + 13K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 2/30 days + 39 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 2/30 days + 5 bonus reps
14 lifting days 0/14

Staying on goal during the holiday weekend.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

September 2nd

I had a good start and then struggled to meet my goal by the end of the day., but I did it. In the past I may not have but I think this challenge is helping me stay accountable 🙂

Goals

1. 10k steps/day for 30 days - 2/30 + 827 bonus steps

2. Run/walk 3 days a week - 12 days - this starts on 9/4

3. 5 squats/day for 30 days - 2/30 + 5 bonus squats

Best Answer
0 Votes

The day is young, so as of yesterday:

1) 10,000 steps per day

2) 2/30

3) 45 minutes of exercise a day

4) 2/30

Best Answer

September 3rd

Goals

1. 10k steps/day for 30 days - 3/30 + 855 bonus steps

2. Run/walk 3 days a week - 12 days - this starts on 9/4

3. 5 squats/day for 30 days - 3/30 + 5 bonus squats

Best Answer

Sept 3 -- took a bike ride out to the edge of the Everglades and then Jane and I rode around a mangrove park near the beach.

Been getting a lot of miles on my little bike!Been getting a lot of miles on my little bike!

10K steps/day 3/30 days + 16K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 3/30 days + 19 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 3/30 days + 5 bonus reps
14 lifting days 0/14

Sept 4 -- heading back to the beach at Hollywood FL.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Back up to 94 two days in a row, 70% humidity, thank goodness for a stiff breeze.

Goals: Steps 10 k, floors 35, miles 5 per day.

9/2 steps 15.1 k, 52 floors, 6.8 miles

9/3 steps 13.5 k, 50 floors, 6 miles

9/4 steps 15.5 k, 161 floors, 7 miles.  Look at all these floors! I really confused my fitbit today by washing our living quarter horse trailer. had to climb a 3' ladder, then reach up with a 6 foot long brush, and scrub off the dirt. So, scrub, scrub, scrub....fitbit must have counted each stroke as a floor. 🙂 Before I started washing the trailer I had 54 floors, which is just about right for our morning walk today. My wife had 56 floors on her fitbit. 

Tomorrow is trail ride day so look for big step count, mileage and floors. I will run my walking app on the phone to separate out what my horse does.

Best Answer

Sept 4:

10K steps/day 4/30 days + 8K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 4/30 days + 65 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 4/30 days + 15 bonus reps
14 lifting days 1/14

Jane and I rented kayaks and spent a couple of hours meandering through the water trails at the Anne Kolb Nature center.  Fun, but you've got to keep an eye out to make sure none of the resident wildlife drops in on you ... 

IMG_2065.JPG

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

I'm new to Fitbit but I love that I can track my steps and calories.  Here we go!

Goals

9k steps per day

4mi per day

-500 calories for weight loss

Fitbit Versa | Samsung Galaxy S9
Best Answer

September 4:

Went on my first run/walk with couch to 5k yesterday (first time in a long time at least) and I think I did well. It's very hot and humid though so that was tough.

1. 10k steps/day for 30 days - 4/30 + 2297 bonus steps

2. Run/walk 3 days a week - 12 days - 1/12

3. 5 squats/day for 30 days - 4/30 + 5 bonus squats

Best Answer

September 4th:

4 for 4! 

Also, one goal change. I liked lusry's goal of achieving a run/walk 3 days a week for 12 days (thanks lusry), so I've decided to incorporate that and replace the 30 active minutes (seems more meaningful, somehow). Actually I did my first one this afternoon so I'm in good shape to start. For me the difference in the way I feel between "fat burn" type heart rate exercises and "cardio" level is huge. And I just can't get my heart rate going fast enough from walking alone. I need my exercise to be a bit more strenuous.

• Steps --> 4/30 + 2,244 bonus steps 
  • Run/Walk --> 1/12
  • Calories in vs out goal met --> 4/30 

Goal to lose 5 pounds and weigh 180 by September 30th. Today's weigh-in: 183.8

All-time high: 190

All-time low and goal weight: 170 

Best Answer

Sept 5: last day of vacation.  Getting out of South Florida B4 Irma arrives!

10K steps/day 5/30 days + 7K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 5/30 days + 19 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 5/30 days + 4 bonus reps
14 lifting days 1/14

Pretty active vacation.  Managed to stay on track with goals and my eating was pretty good so I  don't think I gained too much weight. ... I weigh in daily and report my "TrendWeight" on the weekly weigh in thread on Sundays so we'll see what the vacation did to the trend in a few days. 

Sept 6: back to work and regular routine. Lifting day today. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer