Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stomping September 2017 (Step) Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

Stomping September 2017 (Step) Goal Challenge

How It Works:
The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for September 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 30 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day
Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

Optional
3) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.
4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

The optional items list has grown over the past months. That's why the title has steps in (). In the end it's about setting goals and improving habits. So the optional items can really be anything. Running, biking, weight lifting, food goals, etc. Some will add a goal that is not daily - ie. wanting to do so many strength training workouts in the month - so you might be aiming for a number that is less than 30 for some goals -- maybe 5, 10, or 15. Really, it's just completely open.

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Goals: steps 10 k, 35 floors, 5 miles

Monthly averages:

Steps, 13.4 k,  47 floors, 6.1 miles, so, this looks much better this way since I had so many days below my daily goals.

9/30 results, steps, 14.2k, 45 floors, 6.4 miles

I'm ready for October!  

Best Answer

Sept 30:
10K steps/day 30/30 days + 3K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 30/30 days + 19 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 30/30 days + 5 bonus reps
14 lifting days 14/14

Steps were a little low for the last day of September because Jane and I were taking our "Quick Start Training Class as part of joining the Canton Kayak Club.  Our timing was probably not the best as the season is almost over, but it is a little cheaper to renew and a lot cheaper and more convenient than buying a couple of kayaks, paddles, car roof rack and .... 

Training class was fun; got in the water for about an hour, learned some strokes, and then saw a bald eagle catch a fish for breakfast.  That was really cool.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go set up your goals for the Ornery October 2017 (Step) Goal Challenge.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

September 30th - end of month

I learned alot in this first month of tracking. Really got into cycling/bike commuting and found on days I do it I can usually end up with around 12k steps. I have some room to improve consistency but overall was pretty happy with how things worked out. Looking forward to jumping right into the October forum! 

• 10,000 steps --> 20/30
  • 30 active minutes --> 26/30 
  • 5 miles --> 18/30
  • Goal to weigh 180 by end of month: ending weight 180.6   

Best Answer

I finished out the month strong and hit my step goal AND got my last run in. I'm going to repeat week 4 though, because it was a struggle and I've been in the position where I moved on when I shouldn't have and I just got frustrated and quit. I don't want to do that this time! I'll go set up my goals for October now 🙂

End of Month summary

c0

4. Lose 4 lbs - Starting weight is 164 - be down to 160 by the end of the month - stayed at 164, I got down to 163 at one point, but I need to work on my eating habits.

Best Answer