Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck

I am a female in my late 70's, and I've been using Fitbit Flex about 4 months, of the 6 months that I been eating less. I have lost 32 pounds, and want to lose another 8 pounds to reach my goal. The passed several weeks I have hit a plateau, I suppose because I am so close to my correct weight, and I lose ounces, rather than a pound at a week. I am becoming discouraged, because I thought I could start maintaining my weight by Christmas, but it looks like I am not going to make it by then.

I can't walk as much as I would like to, because of a bad knee, and the past two weeks, I have been unable to swim laps, due to a cold snap in the south. My clothes are all too big, and I don't want to buy anything new, until I lose the rest of the weight.

On the plus side, I have lowered my cholesterol 60 points, and many friends have noticed my weight loss. I love the Fitbit, because I can keep track of everything I eat, and several of my family memebers have them also. Although we are very far from one another, we are friends on the website, and can send comments, and try to beat one another step wise. I alway lose, but I try!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Losing ounces still losing - you might find that the remaining 8 pounds take several months.  You have done great 🙂 

I would suggest though that you go ahead and get at least a few items of clothing that fit you well at this point - I found doing that encouraged me to stick with it - 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congrats on your weight loss! Ounces count - enough of those put together equal pounds. 🙂
Instead of going for a specific weight, I'd suggest shooting for a range of plus or minus a few pounds. Have a wonderful week!

Best Answer
0 Votes