Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest your favorite healthy low calorie snack for dieters?

ANSWERED

Fat free Greek yogurt 3/4 cup for 90 calories,  and 70 calories for 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries; with a little artificial sweetener is like eating ice cream.  Total is only 160 calories!

You can add Fiber One cereal to that or to sugar free jello, after it is set up and ready to eat, and put on some fat free whipped cream in a can or some cool whip.   It is 2/3 cup 90 calories but 65% fiber  so that is only 32 calories that count per cup!!  That cereal makes good crunch for your salad instead of croutons too.   

I like to always have some sugar free jello made and in the fridge.  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I forgot to mention my very favorite treat for very reasonable calories:  Fresh Strawberries, about 1/4 pound or 8 medium for 45 calories, coated with melted chocolate wafers.  9 Dolci Fruita chocolate wafers, ( always in the produce department ) are only 80 calories. So  only 125 calories total for a whole plateful.  I spread on the chocolate and eat it all melty rather than letting it harden.  But it works just like magic shell and will harden.  The wafers are healthier, cheaper, and easier to control the calories than the magic shell.  Clean and cut the berries in half.  Put the wafers in the microwave for 46 seconds.  Am I a great cook or what?   LOL

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I forgot to mention my very favorite treat for very reasonable calories:  Fresh Strawberries, about 1/4 pound or 8 medium for 45 calories, coated with melted chocolate wafers.  9 Dolci Fruita chocolate wafers, ( always in the produce department ) are only 80 calories. So  only 125 calories total for a whole plateful.  I spread on the chocolate and eat it all melty rather than letting it harden.  But it works just like magic shell and will harden.  The wafers are healthier, cheaper, and easier to control the calories than the magic shell.  Clean and cut the berries in half.  Put the wafers in the microwave for 46 seconds.  Am I a great cook or what?   LOL

Best Answer

I am on my weight loss journey and I think that combined exercise and a healthy diet is important.

It does not have to be 1000 steps or anything like that. Start with small things such as walking in the park. From there, build momentum and improve daily. Weight loss should be enjoyable and rewarding at the end. Also, small habits such as keeping fruit in the fridge and healthy snacks such as roasted almonds could give you a huge payoff in the long term.

One other thing that can help is starting a diet journey with a written plan and a journal. You want to come up with a system that you can follow and adjust based on your situation. I keep a list of exercises, progress and food recipes that help me with my diet.

For all in one blog I follow blg.fatlosshabbit.com/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you ever tried 3-2-1 cake?  It is exactly 99 calories for a bowl of cake.  You just make one serving.  It is 3 Tablespoons of cake mix, 2  tablespoons of water, cooked for 1 minute in the microwave.   It is made with a box of Duncan Hines Angel food cake mix and I used Pillsbury Sugar free Brownie mix (mixed together) .  both boxes total 2,760 calories and are 84 total table spoons of both mixes mixed together.  So 3 tablespoons = 99 calories.    I couldn't find any sugar free cake mix this time.  Brownie mix usually has fewer calories anyway.  You can dust the top  of the cooked cake  with artificial sweetener  or spritz it with a bit of cool whip or fat free whipped cream.    

I clicked on that link posted by eeee334  It is a never ending blog that I'm sure ends in a sales pitch for some $60 secret.  Just out of curiosity I listened for a long time while cooking just to see what the pitch would cost but finally just turned it off.

Best Answer

Banana with nut butter or keto whipped cream for me, I use a homemade recipe. A few others I would recommend are Cheese and pickle canapés, Smoked salmon and cream cheese and if you want something sweet homemade popcorn!?

Best Answer

Hi, @Glenda, great topic! 

I love having Greek yogurt with some extra fiber or granola in the morning, but in the evening I usually eat apple slices or baby carrots with some lemon! I'm looking for new suggestions, so I'll definitely stay tuned to see what other people are eating as snacks throughout the day. 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

In fact, I don’t believe in diets. In my opinion, if you want to lose weight and be healthy, you should comprehensively perform this process. It is also important to visit the gym regularly in addition to healthy food. Btw, I tried Lavender Lemon Pistachio Olive Oil Cake last week. I ate it only once. I hope I won’t gain weight in the near future xD. Unfortunately, I have never been able to finish the started diet. I gained much more weight after losing several kg. Do you have any idea?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Greek yogurt light over raisins, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and banana here 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes