Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The games hunger plays in your head

A good article on cutting the sugar addiction in the Healthy Living magazine.

"Why do we crave certain foods, and why is it hard to stop eating them once we start?

There’s a simple reason for this: in most cases, the foods we crave aren’t actually food. We tend to crave products that are “ultra-” processed and contain large quantities of concentrated sugar, salt and processed fats — manufactured calories. That’s very different from broccoli, milk, brown rice or hummus. Sugar doesn’t nourish; it entertains. And your body knows the difference. One important reason for cravings is that when you eat things that don’t nourish you, you stay hungry."

Read full article here - The games hunger plays in your head

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Great article! Thank you! Heart

Michele from Belleview, Florida
Best Answer

Thanks! Good article! 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Great Article, USAF-Larry!  I noticed it was written by Dr. Roxanne Sukol.  She has a special way of explaining things in such an easy way that everyone seems to understand.  You may already subscribe, but if not check out her site online. Its called "Your Health Is On Your Plate". Be sure to check out all the Posts and Categories. I think you will like what you read.  I have subscribed to her weekly posts for a quite a while now.  Enjoy!

Best Answer