Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricks to help loose weight

Just a couple of things I do that I thought might help someone else.  These are little tricks that help assure I stay on plan.

1) Slightly over estimate the portion size.  This overstates the calories a little and if you still stay under or at your goal, you'll be further under than you think.

2) Make your work outs a little more intense.  I get a lot of my 10,000 steps in on the treadmill and when I do, I set the incline to 1.5 or 2.  That makes me burn more calories than the step formula calculates, giving me alittle buffer.

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Great ideas!  I would also like to add:

Use a smaller plate.  This way it looks like you are filling your plate but are actually eating a smaller portions.

Drink a full glass of water before you eat.  This will fill you up and you will eat less. 

Best Answer

Great Suggestions!

Drinking lots of water helps you stay full. Also trying to figure out what is going to be your biggest meal each day is key to sucess. If you know you eat more at dinner, then you that information to determine your lunch and breakfast intake.

Best Answer