Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under Budget, but not hungry?

ANSWERED

I'm realtively new at this. I've noticed that I am consistently under buget for my caloric intake, but honestly I am not hungry or nor do I have major cravings. I've noticed I am taking in about 20 g of fiber, so I don't that is the culprit. I'm pretty concerned because I do not want to loose muscle mass. In fact, I would like to tone up if possible. Any thoughts?

Stay focused!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Our bodies have a certain weight range it strives to be at, without counting calories or restricting any food. Not eating out of boredom, loneliness.. eating until being satisfied but not hungry / stuffed.

This is based on genetics, exercise, food choice.

When eating in general nutritient rich food which are lower in calories, it's possible that the body is satisfied with less calories overall but has all nutritients it needs, not being hungry.

Eating anything the body nourishes the most in the moment (does the salad looks more appealing or that slice of pizza?), it's ok to have all foods, but in moderation. Trying basing the portions on hunger level (not being so hungry? take less and when feeling hungry later on, eat a bit more).

It's allowed to have some days when not really being hungry but eating a piece of x food just for the taste.. recognizing to have the food, but with care. Our bodies balance everything out by being more or less hungry next day(s) if eaten to little or a bit to much over time.

The calories plan is a guidance, it is possible the body can be happy with hundreds of calories less on some days, and other days eating the same or 'over', 'cause our bodies make up for 'our mistakes' when eaten to little or to much (over time), even when eated until feeling satisfied, not being stuffed. However actually could have eaten a bit more.. or a bit less..

There are days to eat more than other days, and other days being satisfied with just a piece of fruit and a coffee until midday for example, not being hungry at all. That's our bodies internal system to keep the weight range it's most happy at in balance.

Try honoring the body to not eat more when not feeling hungry, trust your bodies wisdom and use the plan as guidance, trust your wonderful body what it needs, when it needs, how much it needs.

Even it can take a while, the natural weight range (the body is reverting to) will automaticly come. This can be higher or lower than the 'goal weight' wanting to be at, rather than where the body is most happy at.

Aim to be healthy, eat well, the weight will settle itself. Smiley Wink

Enjoy

Baby Goal

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Our bodies have a certain weight range it strives to be at, without counting calories or restricting any food. Not eating out of boredom, loneliness.. eating until being satisfied but not hungry / stuffed.

This is based on genetics, exercise, food choice.

When eating in general nutritient rich food which are lower in calories, it's possible that the body is satisfied with less calories overall but has all nutritients it needs, not being hungry.

Eating anything the body nourishes the most in the moment (does the salad looks more appealing or that slice of pizza?), it's ok to have all foods, but in moderation. Trying basing the portions on hunger level (not being so hungry? take less and when feeling hungry later on, eat a bit more).

It's allowed to have some days when not really being hungry but eating a piece of x food just for the taste.. recognizing to have the food, but with care. Our bodies balance everything out by being more or less hungry next day(s) if eaten to little or a bit to much over time.

The calories plan is a guidance, it is possible the body can be happy with hundreds of calories less on some days, and other days eating the same or 'over', 'cause our bodies make up for 'our mistakes' when eaten to little or to much (over time), even when eated until feeling satisfied, not being stuffed. However actually could have eaten a bit more.. or a bit less..

There are days to eat more than other days, and other days being satisfied with just a piece of fruit and a coffee until midday for example, not being hungry at all. That's our bodies internal system to keep the weight range it's most happy at in balance.

Try honoring the body to not eat more when not feeling hungry, trust your bodies wisdom and use the plan as guidance, trust your wonderful body what it needs, when it needs, how much it needs.

Even it can take a while, the natural weight range (the body is reverting to) will automaticly come. This can be higher or lower than the 'goal weight' wanting to be at, rather than where the body is most happy at.

Aim to be healthy, eat well, the weight will settle itself. Smiley Wink

Enjoy

Baby Goal

Best Answer

If you're not hungry, don't force yourself to eat more. If you're concerned about being under on calories and about your muscle mass, consider adding in some calorie and nutrient dense foods like nuts or nut butters (the good kinds that are actually most the nuts blended up into a butter, not the typical peanut butter type with lots of additives). An ounce or two as a snack when you are hungry will give you more calories and protein.

If you're already eating some calorie dense foods and getting a good amount of protein, then don't worry about being under budget for your calories unless it's consistently a large amount.

Best Answer

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Stay focused!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I second nut butter

Dead easy way to scoff a few extra calories.

My "goal" calories is 1500, but I can do another 1500 cal of excercise, so for me, hitting my intake is pretty important.

Your mileage may differ

(Assuming you are UK based)

Even Aldi cheap peanut butter is 95% peanuts so theres not a great deal in it.

I personally find the 100% stuff I can buy in 1kg tubs easier to eat a couple of spoonfuls of.

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer
0 Votes

How would you feel going the other direction?

Would you trust your stomach then?

Meaning, if you were hungry, and wanted to eat more than your daily goal is, would you do that direction?

Listening to the body when not really well tuned for all the ways it might talk to you is usually a major reason people have weight to lose in the first place.

I suggest use your brain, not your stomach - and your concern is indeed valid.

Many reasons why your body may be wanting more energy input, but you don't get hunger signals.

Exactly the same way you can be vitamin or mineral deficient but not know it by any special feelings until down the road when some bad stuff shows up and you get a blood test. Hopefully the ill effects can be reversed in decent time.

Body doesn't like calorie deficiency either, but you may not always feel it.

To fast a weight loss will include muscle mass.

Or stress the body out enough you no longer lose what you could be losing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes