Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Weight Gain

All,

Back in March I was 18st 3lbs but having started a manual job I've consistently lost 2 or 3 pounds a week, until on Sunday I weighed 14st 6lbs.
I've been on holiday this week and instead of walking my 15,000 steps a day and burning 3000 Calories, I'm doing about 4,000 steps. My weight has suddenly rocketed to 15st, an 8 pound gain in 4 days!

Is this something I should be worried about or is it just my body storing more fat as it's got used to burning more than I've been consuming and it will drop back off as soon as I return to work? 
Any advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Nick1964,
It's hard to say. Gaining 8 pounds in four days sounds like a bit much, but it's not impossible for sure, especially on holiday. Often when we holiday, it's easy to enjoy more food. Or even if we eat the same amount of food, having less activity can easily put us in a calorie surplus, and the pounds come start to come back.

I wouldn't worry about it. When you get back to work and higher activity levels, the weight should come off again. Congrats on your weight loss so far. Keep up the good work.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@Nick1964 I agree with Dave. You are eating more and moving less which is resulting in weight gain. I don't think 8 pounds is really what you have gained. I am sure you are carrying more food in your belly and there is some water weight gain. Usually once you get back to your normal routines, it should come off within a week or so. Drink lots of water- fluid pushes fluid and be sure to get back on the healthy food train.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes