Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vegetarian/Vegan FitBit Users !!!

Hey!

So I've been vegetarian for 1.5 years now and am going to become strictly vegan coming into the new year.

I was wondering if there were any of you guys that were wanting to go vegan, but wanted some motivation along the way?!  I'd love to have a "friend" as I make the switch so we could motivate eachother! Or, if you are currently vegan,that would be awesome aswell! 🙂 Either way, I`d love to have more vegan friends and share the great pros of veganism. 

Please feel free to add me, message me or reply to this post 🙂 

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@starley1234 wrote:
Hi there, I've been veggie now for 7 years and have gradually started moving onto veganism after finding out that I'm dairy intolerant, the thing I'll struggle with if I become 100% vegan is eggs, I use them a lot to boost my protein intake. I'm looking for fellow veggies or vegans to be friends 🙂

Food for thought about eggs by Dr. McDougall.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you that's an interesting read, I think I'll substitute my eggs with quorn tonight then!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just be sure you combine the right veggies to get your protein macros. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure you use the vegan Quorn as the usual Quorn has egg in it.

Best Answer

@Ukase wrote:

Just be sure you combine the right veggies to get your protein macros. 

Ukase, this is one of the myths the meat and dairy industry spreads about being vegan. There has NEVER been a recorded instance of a protein deficiency except where a person was calorie deficient.

Best Answer

I first went vegetarian in 2009.  Then slowly became a vegan.  Then, in 2014, I slipped and went pescetarian.  My husband also went pescetarian at that time as well.  

Now, as of February 2016, I am back to being vegan and my husband is too!  He loves his vegan diet and lifestyle.  He wishes he would have gone vegan sooner.  He feels amazing, lots of energy, no bloating at all.  He says he's now vegan for life!

Even before he was a vegan, he was always supportive of my decision to be vegetarian or vegan.  I am so proud of him for the changes he has made, it just took him longer to make those changes, but now that he's here, he's hooked!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
Congrats FinanceBabe!!! Great story. Keep it going!!!
Dave
Best Answer
0 Votes

Heather!!!  Beautifu!!! Thanks for sharing! Keep it going!!! Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

. I 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. protein is overated. unless your attempting to gain muscle mass or an older person you don't need to concern yourself with it. it's a myth that goes round. I now follow a bunch of body builders who have reduced their intake and increased their gains because their bodies no longer struggle with over loaded protein. Wholefoods  vegan diet provideso lots of protein in every dish. plants beans lentils and mycoprotein style meat subs all have protein. you never have to worry about protein if your eating your veggies ☺. So as long as you aren't a junk food vegan your OK in the protein department. if you do want to build muscle though the my protein pea protien is as effective as the others and cheap. way healthier than eggs. check out nutritionfacts.org for the science on why eggs are bad for you and protein needs. good luck in your health ventures! 

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Coming up to my first anniversary as vegan. I consider myself an accidental vegan after being an accident vegetarian after being a fat bug. if I'd tried on purpose I'd have failed. got my charge 2 yesterday. trying to change my life like I did when I ate vegetarian for 2 weeks to change my portion size. I hated it because I hated vegetables and they were all steeping together in the bowl I was limiting myself to.  it was worth it though as at the end I had new taste sensitivity and liked peppers a teensy bit. Later on in decided to cut out red meat with my boyfriend. we eventually ended up on just fish in curry and then made curry without it. a year ish later I experimented with plant milk and when veganuary came round I just asked my partner to try it with me and we never looked back 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went vegetarian almost 15 years ago and have been vegan most of that time. I confess I am a rather chubby vegan, as there's so much vegan junk food out there, but now I must do my best to resist the siren call of Sweet and Sara.

Anyway, I'm here to offer support to anyone on their journey to a plant-based diet. So feel free to ask questions.

Best Answer

A vegan you tuber is worrying about Dha and ala conversion rates not being enough so would like to ask a long time vegan if they supplement Dha and if not, have you noticed a reduction in memory capacity,  being more clumsy and increasingly less brain size (more than average)? I'm thinking about supplementing algae myself just not sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rakushun wrote:

A vegan you tuber is worrying about Dha and ala conversion rates not being enough so would like to ask a long time vegan if they supplement Dha and if not, have you noticed a reduction in memory capacity,  being more clumsy and increasingly less brain size (more than average)? I'm thinking about supplementing algae myself just not sure.

The only thing a vegan has to supplement is vitamin B-12 after about 3 years.

(That's all I can remember -- just kidding.)

After looking at your profile, I recommend you go to www.drmcdougall.com and join the discussion groups. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've seen some of his talks on youtube stuff on starch solution and need to look at it a little more, but actually i am a fan of nutritionfacts.org and dr michael greger and his team since they're making nutrition research more easily available to the public.  they have a few videos on ala and Dha.  and their findings are typically plant based positive which is nice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi megw !!!

I became a vegetarian one year ago!!!!

I drink a lot of soy, almond and  coconut milk and I try to avoid a lot of animal products.

Altough I mostly eat vegan, I am not able to fully transition yet because of my parents.

So maybe one day if I live all by myself I could completely go vegan.

I'd really like to be friends with you 🙂 You seem like a very nice person

Best Answer
0 Votes

I friended you! If you have any tips on how to remain healthy as vegetarian as I'm new to the vegetarian world, I'd love to hear them!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do what’s good for you.  Healthy relationships do not try to change the person they are with!

Best Answer