Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight goal obtained

By using my Fitbit to track calories intake and calories burned, I reached my goal of 25# weight loss in 74 days (194# to 169#).  Better educated myself about calories in diet, intake about 1300 - 1700/day and approximately 2500-2800 calories burned at least 3-4 days/week.  Most exercise from walking my lab 3-7 miles/day.  I am age 67 and work in a rural pharmacy 4-5 days a week.  

Hope this offers support for other "boomers" wishing to lose a few pounds.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums!

Congrats! That's awesome!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick update....since my post on 10/25, I have lost an additional 4#, weighing in at 165# this AM.  New goal is to reach 160#-162#.  BMI dropped from 27 to 23.2.  I suspect about half my weight loss was fat, and balance lean muscle.  I owe my success to my little Fitbit watch.  For me the weight loss has been about managing and tracking input and being aware of calories burned -- pretty much simple math.

I have changed my diet.  Eating more veggies - am learning to prepare differently, like in low carb casseroles and soups, and include in pasta sauces.  I have pretty much resumed a normal diet, eating one significant portion at meals - not two!

Besides walking daily, I have resumed exercise/weight training at YMCA...I'm 67 so it's about flexibility and repetitions.  While I was losing about 30#, I walked a bunch daily but did not do weight training.  I felt it would be sending mixed signals to my body, and it might stymy my primary goal - weight loss.  

Just sharing my experience and thoughts.  When I started in mid-August, reaching 160# seemed rather "futuristic".  But I realize now, it is about re-training the mind regarding diet intake and motivating self to moderately exercise daily.  Now I am a few pounds from goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Way to go, @countrypharm!  Keep up the great work!

Best Answer
0 Votes