Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight loss competition

Today on the Fitbit website using a Windows computer I typed in this morning's weight: 146.7. The site recorded 146.6. I typed it in numerous times, same result. Tried higher numbers and lower numbers and even 146.6 and all were accurately recorded. It simply will not record 146.7. It will record 148.7 (I was testing to see if it did not like the number 7). I was using Chrome browser for this. Then tried Firefox. Same result: 146.7 recorded as 146.6. 

Anyone else experience this? Anyone know what to do about it? Granted a tenth of a pound is a small amount but the accuracy matters a lot to me. If my true weight is 146.6 tomorrow I will not have that good feeling that I lost a tenth when I look at the website tomorrow or the next day or whenever. 

It is very very hard for me to lose weight.... I only lost 16 pounds in a whole year, so, this does make a big difference to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey there @kelliann1! Thanks for reporting this incident. I have just passed it to the engineering team to fix it as soon as possible. In the meantime, I found that it allows to log 146.71. Hope this helps! Once any update is available it will be communicated. Keep up the super stepping! Cat Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kelliann1 wrote:

Today on the Fitbit website using a Windows computer I typed in this morning's weight: 146.7. The site recorded 146.6. I typed it in numerous times, same result. Tried higher numbers and lower numbers and even 146.6 and all were accurately recorded. It simply will not record 146.7. It will record 148.7 (I was testing to see if it did not like the number 7). I was using Chrome browser for this. Then tried Firefox. Same result: 146.7 recorded as 146.6. 

Anyone else experience this? Anyone know what to do about it? Granted a tenth of a pound is a small amount but the accuracy matters a lot to me. If my true weight is 146.6 tomorrow I will not have that good feeling that I lost a tenth when I look at the website tomorrow or the next day or whenever. 

It is very very hard for me to lose weight.... I only lost 16 pounds in a whole year, so, this does make a big difference to me.

Your stats are actually recorded as metric, because all the the formula's use metric.

Your settings then determine how it's displayed visually to you, metric or US.

You hit upon one of many numbers that when converted to kgs, and then back to lbs, is not exactly the same number due to their choice of significant digits to log or use in the conversion.

146.7 = 66.542

66.542 = 146.7

But with only 4 significant digits

So 66.54 = 146.6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes