Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight loss woes

Hello!! I don't have a lot to lose- about 8 pounds... But I'm totally deflated. I have not lost a single pound. I get my steps in- I'm active constantly- and I practice advanced pilates 3-4 times per week! My diet is healthy as well! I need some words of comfort.... Advice... I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks?
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

A healthy diet is good, and so is exercising, but energy balance (calories in vs. calories out) is key for weight loss. Pay attention to the caloric content of the food you eat and make sure it’s smaller than your total energy expenditure.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jen18hoff wrote:
I get my steps in- I'm active constantly- and I practice advanced pilates 3-4 times per week!

If you want steps to create the deficit needed for your weight loss, you probably need to increase your average step count from the current level (averaging 10k would be a good starting point):

2016-06-09_1125.png

If you can’t raise your activity level and don’t lose weight at the current level, you will need to eat less.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jen18hoff

Those last 8 pounds won't come off with pilates and 'sensible' eating. Your body is 'happy' where it is. Reducing calories but eating at normal times will just slow down your basal burn..the fat will stay.

Be prepared to be yelled at, but consider trying what worked for Jimmy Kimmel.

Cut carbs SHARPLY, endure the transition, then start 'calorie cutting' by taking 24 hour breaks from eating 2 or 3 times a week. Your body will have no choice but to burn the fat you want rid of.

Give it 3 weeks.

Ignore people who suggest that this idea will make you go blind or cause you to fall off the edge of the earth.

God and nature put the fat there 'in case of emergency' ie no food around for a while. Just ask yourself the existential question.."Why do I have fat stores..what are they for?"..then the answer to using them up is obvious.

PS people who go on about 'starvation mode' and 'you will burn muscle' are making it up..science proves the opposite.

Good luck!

Warner Baxter won Best Actor 1930 for "In Old Arizona"
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried your own advice?

How about all the problems with thyroid? 

Cutting carbs makes sense but circulate it – extremely important or the weight will come back soon….

Every 14 days eat whatever you want. Limit sugar and ice cream donuts and this type of junk.

Best Answer

@I-train-hard wrote:

Have you tried your own advice?

How about all the problems with thyroid? 

Cutting carbs makes sense but circulate it – extremely important or the weight will come back soon….

Every 14 days eat whatever you want. Limit sugar and ice cream donuts and this type of junk.

Re thyroid. Thyroid disease is a medical issue, and most 'new' problems have to do with Iodine deficiency..this happens when people shun Iodized table salt. Still pretty rare since most processed junk has Iodized salt.

Re Follow my own advice:

I dropped carbs to double digits per day at the end of January, and started skipping meals a week after. I now go 24 up to 72 hrs once or twice a week...never hungry. Keep up with fluids, minerals, vitamins.

I've lost over 50 pounds, can bench press 20% more than in January, wear jeans 6 inches tighter (almost my college size) etc. Yes I follow my own advice.

I also have a 'free-for-all' once in a while when I eat whatever the heck I want..these feasts are a super treat, but once in a while is enough. I never wake up wanting to continue pigging out. I solidly agree with your comment (highlighted)..I call it 'therapeutic binging' lol.

The main advantage is the zero hunger...it's bizarre. I actually called my diet superviser re the zero hunger..apparently it's expected! The body is burning fat like crazy and telling the brain 'Relax, I've got you covered'. 🙂

I might be an 'exception', but so far LC-IF is the best thing I've ever done to shed blubber. It seems sustainable, but to be fair you need to check with me in a year...all my previous 'successes' (eg exercise like a madman, count calories) would fail after about a year or so.

Regards  Rob

Warner Baxter won Best Actor 1930 for "In Old Arizona"
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rob,

I wouldn’t do what you do; however, it doesn’t mean is wrong.

All of us are different even though we are alike.

Thyroid is much more complicated, no need to discuss a specific, not here anyway.

Great job on being fitter and slimmer! Not many people could say that.

Best Answer