Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight

ANSWERED

Nit fir nothing here , as the weight is not my obsession , but why no movement . I am eating very clean , no meat diet . Filled with energy , calorie burn each day is high . I feel and look different , however the scale just doesn't seem to move .

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Clean eating and no meat does not necessarily mean you are eating fewer calories. And if you are eating more than you are burning (even though it may be high) you will not lose fat- which is why the scale isn't moving. To lose fat which results it weight loss you have to eat at a deficit. If you aren't then you will still feel better because you are not eating junk and you will change your composition from working out which will tighten you up and change how you look in some spots, but weight loss will not happen. Depending on how much fat there is, your muscles may not show as much as they could. Doesn't mean you aren't strong, fit and healthy.. if you feel good - keep doing what you are doing!

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@gypsyshewolf -- How long has this gone on? Sometimes it is difficult to lose pounds when exercising, because we build up muscles during the exercise. We lose fat, we feel better, we get thinner - but there may be a slight increase in weight because muscle, which is quite dense, is building. 

I based this assumption on your statement "calorie burn each day is high" - This is something I have gone through from time to time when I start bicycling.

@gypsyshewolf wrote:

Nit fir nothing here , as the weight is not my obsession , but why no movement . I am eating very clean , no meat diet . Filled with energy , calorie burn each day is high . I feel and look different , however the scale just doesn't seem to move .

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer
0 Votes

Clean eating and no meat does not necessarily mean you are eating fewer calories. And if you are eating more than you are burning (even though it may be high) you will not lose fat- which is why the scale isn't moving. To lose fat which results it weight loss you have to eat at a deficit. If you aren't then you will still feel better because you are not eating junk and you will change your composition from working out which will tighten you up and change how you look in some spots, but weight loss will not happen. Depending on how much fat there is, your muscles may not show as much as they could. Doesn't mean you aren't strong, fit and healthy.. if you feel good - keep doing what you are doing!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
Thank you . The maddening thing is I am at good deficit . As I said though , not becoming obsssed with numbers on a scale though .

Mary Franz
shewolf27298@aol.com
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank You , and yes going toset my mind there .

Mary Franz
shewolf27298@aol.com
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank You , and yes going toset my mind there .

Mary Franz
shewolf27298@aol.com
Best Answer
0 Votes