Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong.

I linked my Fitbit to MyFitnessPal I have religiously entered calories for food and let Fitbit take care of calories for exercise. I set MyFitnessPal on lowest movement so not to double count. I am not loosing weight. I even gain weight. Some of it has to be retention. I don't believe I gained 2 pounds of tissue overnight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I used MyFitnessPal and FitBit in the same way (linked both, enter food in MFP, etc.). Is it possible you're overestimating your calories? Have you confirmed that your scale is correct? How long have you been trying to lose?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not estimating calories at all, Fitbit is and I am worried it is not accurate. I do have to guess on the food but usually a package or restaurant has published calories. When I make my on I use Whisk to enter the recipe and measure and weigh the ingredients. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a good measure to track what you are eating and drinking.  Fitbit helps, but it takes a conscious effort to stay on top of things.  Fluid intake is part of the equation.  While they say drinking 64 ounces a day is necessary, that is adding more weight per day, meaning the body has to work twice as hard to achieve results.  I have been on my weight loss journey for over a year, ad I have found that if I drink 32 ounces or less, I lose weight faster, sometimes up to two pounds a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes