Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of Alta?

I want to know what you think! 

Have you hit your weight goal using any particular features of Alta?

What is your favorite feature of Alta, and why? Tell me!!

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Reached being healthier with all other fitbit trackers, don't have the Alta yet.. Heart them all Heart

Christmas

Best Answer
0 Votes

My favorite feature of the Alta is the reminders to move. When I get  busy I tend to forget to take 250 steps. When It buzzes me I jump right up and get them in.

Also should add I love the ability to change bands depending on my mood. I have several colors 🙂

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I also love the reminders to move. I'm still rehabbing a new knee. Can't do long periods of walking yet. But I'm supposed to do short walks at regular intervals. The Alta reminders keep me on target.
Best Answer

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet: The Alta is the slimmest, lightest Fitbit. I wear a Charge 2 now (because I really wanted the HR feature for my stair-climbing) and I really miss the slim profile of the Alta. The third-party bracelets for the Alta are really nice, too. 

Best Answer

I like it because of the reminders to move. I also like the stylish appearance of the device and that I can change bands if I want.

Best Answer

I

@CallieFitbit wrote:

I want to know what you think! 

Have you hit your weight goal using any particular features of Alta?

What is your favorite feature of Alta, and why? Tell me!!

I like the reminders to move as well.  I think they are funny and they are also useful; I do get more steps in daily become of them.  I haven't hit my weight goal using the Alta but have maintained my weight fairly well with it.  The band is nice and slim, not clunky and looks better than the others and what I really like is if I am careful that it is done up properly it does not fall off like my One used to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I like the combination of the ability to change the bracelet and the informative screen. The size is great too. If Alta counted floors, it would be my ideal fitbit.
Best Answer

I bought it only because I wanted to see how many calories I actually burn in a normal routine day. From there I adjusted my calorie intake. I don't count calories anymore, but am still losing weight. There have been times when I fell off track or I was taking a break, but I always get back on track. Total weight I lost is 110 pounds. I didn't buy the fitbit Alta until I was at 95 pounds lost. I was trying to figure out why I wasn't losing weight at the time. I'm not really concerned with how many steps I get in a day. I figure if I have to exercise to lose or maintain weight then my diet is wrong. I feel exercise should be a bonus to health and not a necessity to lose weight or maintain it. The calorie burn counter is what I mostly wanted. The other features is good depending on what your goal is.

Best Answer
I had actually achieved my 50 pound weight loss before I ever had a Fitbit. I used a pedometer that tracked steps and Weight Watcher points and I did use this to assist in my weight loss but I no longer count points. I do use the step function as well as looking at the calorie count, keeping in mind that I want to stay under it (I don’t always do it but at least it keeps me aware of what I’m doing). I mainly use the step function to challenge myself and compete with a friend because that is fun and gets me more active. And I know this might sound a bit strange but I also use it to make sure I don’t do too many steps; I love to walk long distances but it can be hard on my feet so I try to limit it to under a certain number of steps per day, no more than 5 to 8 miles. I just find it really useful to keep track of what I am doing both nutritionally and exercise-wise. It keeps me aware and that is always a good thing.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Annabel398 wrote:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet: The Alta is the slimmest, lightest Fitbit. 

Actually, you should qualify that statement: the Alta is the slimmest, lighest Fitbit that has a decent display. Otherwise, the Flex 2 is even narrower (11 vs. 15 mm) and probably lighter too (couldn’t find weight info). I haven’t got either, so I just had a look at the specs. This is Alta:

2016-11-19_1638.png

and this is Flex 2:

2016-11-19_1637.png

I find the "watch-like" closing mechanism of the Charge 2 band easier to use and more secure than the one on the Alta and Flex 2. But if/when viewed as a fashion accessory, the Alta band probably looks better (especially since you can easily alternate between bands).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a watch-like band for my Alta. Unfortunately it broke. I'm thinking of getting another one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I've had mine for a few weeks now, totally new to Fitbit. I love that this is slim and feminine and I LOVE the dashboard and weekly stats, the reminders to move are great and the kudos seem to really motivate me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
And and as far as weight loss, I've lost one pound in three weeks. Kinda slow but I'm 44 so I'm guessing that I've reached an age now that weight isnt going to fall off as fast as it used too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chellekoren wrote:
And and as far as weight loss, I've lost one pound in three weeks. Kinda slow but I'm 44 so I'm guessing that I've reached an age now that weight isnt going to fall off as fast as it used too.

Actually, you need exactly the same deficit (about 3500 calories) in order to lose one pound, whether you’re 20, 40 or 60. What changes with age is your metabolism (it slows down), so if you keep eating the same and moving the same, you will gain weight. If you want to eat as much now as 20 years ago without gaining weight, you will need to move more.  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I really like it except for the fact that I can't see the readouts outside, unlike my old Charge.  I've heard that the new Charge has the same problem.  They need to brighten the fonts, which shouldn't be a big deal, but they don't

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still love it but would like the new Alta with the heart rate if mine ever fails. That is the only thing it doesn’t have that I might want.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes