Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White line/arrow on app graph - what does it mean?

ANSWERED

There's this white line/arrow that never moves and I can't select or edit it. I suspect FitBit has set it as my "ideal weight", but, for me, the value correlates to a BMI of 19.5 which seems awfully low for an "ideal" weight if one's weight is considered healthy from BMI 18.5-25. I don't want to aim for BMI19.5 and I would like it to not be there. Does anyone know if that's what it is, and how I can get rid of it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, it's not inactivity, the white line is your weight goal.  Looks like the chart only shows the first part of your goal (the stone) when you measure in st/lb.  I changed my units from 158 pounds to stone and wound up with a goal of 11 st on the chart rather 11.3 st -- or 11 plus however many pounds .3 stone is 🙂

I'm feeling stoned ...I'm feeling stoned ...

If you change the units to pounds or kilos the graph would be a little clearer.  You can do that on your computer at your profile settings.  Or you can leave as is and just not worry about it. 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @RubyDoomsday -- can you provide a screenshot of the graph you are looking at?  There are (or at least can be) four graphs associated with Weight (Weight trend, Lean vs. Fat, Body Fat percentage and current BMI).

I have a solid white line on the weight trend graph and the body fat percentage graph but not on the BMI graph.  In the two cases where it does show up, it represents my goal weight or goal body fat percentage goal.  I'm not sure what gets shown if you don't regularly enter your weight, but attached is an example of my weight trend screen with the white line indicating my goal weight of 158 lbs.

IMG_5991.jpeg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit weight.jpgSure - sorry, it wouldn't let me upload a picture when I made the OP for some reason.
So it's the weight graph, and no matter what my goal is, it stays in the same place. My current goal (9st13) is only one lb under what my current weight is, but I changed it from 10st13 a couple months back when I reached that. The white line has always been static on 9st (0lb). I log my weight at least twice a week so it shouldn't be related to inactivity on the app?

Best Answer

No, it's not inactivity, the white line is your weight goal.  Looks like the chart only shows the first part of your goal (the stone) when you measure in st/lb.  I changed my units from 158 pounds to stone and wound up with a goal of 11 st on the chart rather 11.3 st -- or 11 plus however many pounds .3 stone is 🙂

I'm feeling stoned ...I'm feeling stoned ...

If you change the units to pounds or kilos the graph would be a little clearer.  You can do that on your computer at your profile settings.  Or you can leave as is and just not worry about it. 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did the trick - thanks very much 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes