Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I always so terribly hungry?

Hi.

Quick about me.

I am 23, male, physically very active and also quite fit. I am doing martial arts and a lot of long-distance walking and sometimes I go for runs too. I workout using weights and do quite some calisthenics.

But since I am able to think, and I seriously mean since I am a child. I am nearly always hungry. But WHY ? I eat a very very balanced diet, I eat high quality food ( hardly any fast-food ), I drink a lot of water, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke, I don't have any diseases or allergies, I am healthy ! 

Let's say I prepare a nice steak, some potatoes and broccoli, and a nice cup of water mixed with some juice. I eat it.. I feel not hungry anymore, but after 2-3 hours I would really like to eat some nice sushi or a massive schnitzel. Is this normal? If my body get's everything it needs, why do I get this hunger feeling all the time?

A long time ago, I started to just surrender to my hunger-feeling for like 2 months. The result was that I was getting fat. So my body obviously doesn't need it. Now I continued my normal healthy diet, and I am back to normal again, still..hunger feeling.

I can't figure out where it comes from. Has it something to do with human psychology? Are we made to always be hungry? Are we wolves in human skin? Or is it just me wanting to eat all the time ?

I really haven't got a clue.

Would be nice to find out if I am alone with this " issue ". I am disciplined enough to not eat even if I am hungry, but it sometimes really pisses me off that I have eaten something good and healthy, but still get hungry afterwards. I mean what is the point ? I eat to live and to not feel hungry anymore, but how annoying is it to be hungry AGAIN after like 2-3 hours ? This seriously sucks.

If I would be a machine, I would send a complaint to the producer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

I don't have any intolerences. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it depends on your body growth.. for elder people those who have diabetes also gets hunger often.. but for young people for your growth you may get hunger it depends on your hormone growth

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think I grow much anymore, at the age of 23.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find I do better if I eat more protein and less carbs and several healthy snacks throughout my day.  I even like Protein Shakes as a snack. Have you increased your activity level, this could be making you hungier and you may need more food too for your NEW activity level.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is you eat too healthy for your activity level. Do you actually count calories? It's very easy to not eat enough calories eating broccoli. But not hard eating enough eating junk food. 

Dont be afraid of the fast food, it will actually help you lose weight. Probably partly the fat content  the other part is you probably arent having enough. 

If you want to eat broccoli just stop exercising ( unless you CAN eat like ten tons of it ). Counterintuitive but true. I fight that demon everyday, I dont want to eat junk food anymore but the body needs what it needs. There are of course alternatives to fast food, you can put fatty oils on your foods etc. 

Take it from a runner who drove herself to adrenial fatigue. 

Yes you do need to eat tons of food for 20 km ...30 would be more so.20 km is 12.42 miles and burns approximately 1242 calories.

I am taking lowest of the low number here and say you burn 1500 calories doing nothing ( believe it's more for men but figure of speach) 1500 +1242 is  2742 - 500 (assuming a 500 calorie deficit) is 2242. This is your lower end of km you do, prob not even based on what a man burns doing nothing in a day I think it's more AND not taking Into the fact you are probably more active then that unless you truely do sit around all day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes