Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work in Progress

I started using Fitbit and changed my eating & lifestyle choices 4 months ago and the results have been incredible. Would love for anyone to share their before & afters (even if you aren't done yet). Seeing the improvement continues to give me motivation!

Starting weight June 16, 2015:      235

Current weight October 8, 2015:   195

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Congratulations on your progress.  I didn't take any before pictures, so I have no comparison to offer, but I've lost 35 lbs since starting.

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Best Answer

That's great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are doing awesome! Congrats!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Cool Heart Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started using the Fitbit Charger around July 2015. I weighed 200lbs and  I am just 5'6". So a friend of mine told me and a buddy about Fitbit, so we went and bought two one for each.As of today I weigh 148.8lbs. This Charger HR has realy help me, I am disable so I am limited on what I can do.I have spinel steonis wich is very bad and I have a B12 defeciany as well plus lower lumber problems and a few mopre other health stuff going on. I am a diabete type 2. I have to watch my carbs and how much I eat, Fitbit has realy pull through for me and it does everything it say it would. I lost my Charger HR a few days ago so its been a downer for me. I was on my bike and when I got home I wasn't on my wrist. I said to my self, How could it have fallen off. It has the buckel and the the loop that hold its in place securely. Well for what ever reason it did. A friend of mine is letting me use his so I am back untill I can save up the money to buy another one.My buddy even bought the Fitbit weight scale and that is so neat, Its so very acurrate as well.One thing when a person want to lose weight Fitbit alone can not do this, its take the person decation and determation and will power to get it done. With that that said. Thank you Fitbit..Larry Fy Worth, Tx.

Best Answer

Glad you have had such a good success with Fitbit as well @Larryb1040!

It's great what we can do when we put our mind to it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is one day and one step. I've learned the hardway. Our bodies don't always want us to push it. Yet it's when we fight to continue the best in us comes out.

#congrats

Always Gia

#OneDayatATime
Best Answer

Hello Everyone! Wow those are really good improvements @awood08! Like @GiaKat said, the fight starts when we decide to change our lifestyle. Even if it seems like it's taking forever, we need to continue in the fight until we reach our goal!  

@Larryb1040 you're really awesome! Read your words and how much you've improved since you started using the Fitbit Charge HR is simply awesome, It's a shame that you had lost the Charge HR. But I'm glad to know you are saving for a new one, that only show us that you're still in the fight! 

Way.jpg

Fitbit Community ModeratorIsai | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my answer helpful? Vote for it and mark it as a solution. It motivates me to keep posting :).

Best Answer
I'm getting a new charger HR next week. I've been using my buddy Fitbit one in the mean time. I just can't go with out my Fitbit . It's 24/7 with me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Larryb1040 What a good news! I'm happy to know that you're receiving a new buddy next week! Also, I understand how important is for you that you carry it 24/7. So when you receive it I suggest reading this article with the instructions on how to set-it-up on your current account without lose any of your previous data. 

Please keep me posted, I'd like to know how it goes! 

Was my answer helpful? Vote for it and mark it as a solution. It motivates me to keep posting :).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank I sure will and thank you Fitbit for helping me lose over 48 lbs of weight . I could not have gone it with out you guys and the help my motivation and my determination to succeed.
Fitbit is more then just a TRACKER.. It helps one meet and stay fit all the person needs is self motivation and determination to succeed. So three things one needs to succeed Duluth like organ state fit or both maybe is,#1. Fit bit product.
#2. Self determination and motivation.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Larryb1040 so what's the 3rd thing one needs to succeed? I completely agree with you on the first 2 things!  Determination and motivation are actually pretty hard to find. I would say the 3rd thing you need is a good work out plan to follow.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep a good work out even if your disable like my self. I'm a young 66 I wish lol. I have spinal stenosis lower lumbar and diabetes type two other health issues. Yes I'm in pain 24 seven so I figured I'd fight pain with pain this is the only way that I will lose weight and get some kind of fitness go in. The spinal stenosis is severe all the nerves in the spine or damage beyond repair and the Nero surgeon has told me it's so bad that even surgery would not help but that he want to keep an eye on it so the fluid doesn't travel to my brain.
So I figure let you know it's time that I do something in for me to lose weight has been a major victory. When I ride my bike outside I have to use a three wheeler because I have a B 12 deficiency as well and I can't stand for long periods of time in my balance is very unstable also use a cane and a walker at times. Now when I go to the mall of the store I won't ride on one of those little carts I can still walk as long as I use some type of walking device so I do that. So I have my walker in my fit bit and off I go. I know if I can do this at my age and my health problems are severe I know that anyone that has the will to drive and determination to do this can succeed. You can't feel sorry for yourself and one others to pity you feel sorry for you as well. But if it wasn't for Fitbit Charger HR or any other fit bit products I don't think that I would've made my goal. That's me and I know me and I know my Fitbit product and I know what it's done for me. Thank you again Fitbit Community.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It's been a bit since I checked in, I had a horrid last month n half! I hope each of you are still going strong. Remember if we fall off, we gotta get back in there. Which is what I am doing!!

#OneDayatATime
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GiaKat

Hope all is going well and you are back on the horse! Definitely taking it one day at a time. We had a wedding I was in so there was alot of eating, and drinking unfortunately but so far i've maintained my goals. I'm runing my first 5k on Thanksgiving morning and i'm super ready!!

Starting weight June 16, 2015:               235

Previous weight October 8, 2015:          195

Current weight November 24, 2015:      186

Best Answer
0 Votes
SW Sept 2015- 326 CW Nov 2015- 309 Goal Weight - 187
#OneDayatATime
Best Answer

You've done great! I bet you are excited to get below 300, anytime that first number drops lower it's amazing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haven't checked in awhile ( a year to be exact) and I had some serious health issues, which are now being corrected.... but that means I need to start over..

SW (11/2015) 309

CW (8/2016) 300

GW 175- (after speaking with my dr & trainer and having tests done, I was told that would be perfect for my body/bone size) I hope to make it to 160

Total needing to loose 140 lbs. I am hoping to loose my first 10 by sept 10th.

#OneDayatATime
Best Answer
0 Votes