Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working hard but not losing weight

hello everyone. This morning I weights myself and noticed that the number was going up instead of going down. Now I have been sooooooo good at watching what I eat and walking more. I have been under my budget everyday tho but I feel like I eat a good emount. I am getting discrureged. What am I doing wrong?
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I have moved your post to the weight loss forum where it should receive more attention.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eating under budget can back fire on you and you can gain weight. You will not lose faster by doing so either.

Make sure your eating some good fats as well, olive oil, avacado, nuts.

You do need to eat to lose weight

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@laurtor4 wrote:
hello everyone. This morning I weights myself and noticed that the number was going up instead of going down. Now I have been sooooooo good at watching what I eat and walking more. I have been under my budget everyday tho but I feel like I eat a good emount. I am getting discrureged. What am I doing wrong?

What's your daily budget? How much under are you? What's your "goal deficit"? Please tell more.

I'm an ecommerce and online business consultant who sits most of the day. Getting off my butt with a Fitbit Flex since 12/2014.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My questions as well.  You may just be off on what you think you need to eat to maintain/lose weight.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I was lifting weights I was getting discouraged because the scale never seemed to show my progress. However, I received compliments on how my body was changing and there was a change in how my clothes fit too. That might be your non scale victory. I don't know all of the muscle versus fat yadda yadda but there was a positive different. There are images of people who weigh the same but have lost pants sizes and their body changed shape based on the muscles they worked. I hope you stay encouraged. I stopped due to sciatica issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long are we talking about here that weight has gone up from last weigh-in?

And by how much weight?

Fat is not fast, losing or gaining. Water weight is.

If you ate 250 more than your Fitbit says you burned daily (if good estimate with any execise) for 2 solid weeks - you would only gain 1 lb slowly.

Anything faster or more would be water weight.

Same with loss.

And does under-budget mean you aren't even hitting your goal eating level that already is less than you burn by some amount?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

First of all, how are you calculating your calorie intake? Are you weighing/measuring your food? If you are not, and your deficit is around 500, it is very easy to miscalculate your calories. The most accurate way is to use a food scale to measure your food. If not available, try to do conservative assumptions towards higher calorie assumptions. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes